Hello from a Yorkshire newbie

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone! My name is Jake, I'm 24 from a small village just outside of York called Huby. I have been into photography for a long time but I have only got into taking photos myself within the last couple of years. I am pretty useless at remembering to take my camera out with me when I go out though so I haven't taken many photos up to this point. I aim to make more trips out around me with my camera and hopefully get better and better at taking photos. I currently use a Canon EOS 1100D that I bought with money left to me by my grandad when he passed away. He was really into his photography so I thought it would be fitting to get into it myself. I am always looking for tips on how I can improve my skills and I listen to both positive and negative criticism about my photos. I look forward to exploring the site and hopefully getting to know some of you!

Hi Jake, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Jake, And welcome to the forum :wave:

Hello and a very warm welcome to you Jake.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Hi,

There is also the tutorials tab ^ above which has some good pointers. and of course there is a never ending stream of advice from YouTube. (most of it good).

Hi Jake and as above a warm welcome to TP.
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes! I'll be sure to check out all of the forum in time and I'll upload some photos soon too! How do you all go about uploading your images on here? Like photobucket etc

I've just been on Flickr and it's saying I need a Yahoo username, does that mean I need to set up a new Yahoo email address?

I've just been on Flickr and it's saying I need a Yahoo username, does that mean I need to set up a new Yahoo email address?

Yes unless you already have a Yahoo account - just open an account then join Flickr and sign in with that username and password.

Back