Hello from Bristol

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning everyone

Newbie checking in. I've joined to try to get some pointers and advice, feel free to criticise.

I've had a period of reflecting on what camera to buy, or whether to keep my Nikon D3100. After a couple of deadlines passed, I sold the Nikon last night. Settled on a Sony RX100 next, not sure which model yet, I'll get the newest version I can afford.

The imperative to buy has moved on slightly, I'm going to the Isle of Man TT races for a short trip. I'm motorbike mad, but this will be my first time on the Island. Whilst I'm frequently impressed by the camera on my Samsung Galaxy S9, it won't cut it at the TT.

I have a (slight) disability in my left hand which makes smartphone handling an issue, hence the RX100 - small enough for a pocket, but "camera-y" enough for me to keep hold of - just.

I'm thinking I'm going to shoot in RAW and post process, which will be a first for me too. So looking for recommendations on software. Go "Pro" on Flickr, or Photoshop? Steep learning curve ahead I'm sure.

I'll have a snout around to see what I can find, feel free to point me to any appropriate links on this forum. Or point to any £bargain£ RX100's.

Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to TP, I’m also quite keen on bikes.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Take a look at Infinity Photo, processing software alternative to Photoshop and a fraction of the price!

Hi Alan, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Back