Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
Originally from 'up north' (Oldham to be precise) I have lived in Colchester for 22 years. Before that, lived in Norwich and London. Been taking photos since age of 8 with my first proper camera age 10. it was a Halina Paulette Electric II and I took many photos (Kodachrome 25 and 64 being my favourites). Graduated onto various other cameras including Yashica FRII, Contax 138, Canon EOS 600, EOS 620. Mamiya C220, Samsung NX11, Sony A6000 and now settled with Fuji (X-T2 then added X-H1) with various lenses including two Contax G lenses with adaptors.

I was a freelance for Professional Nurse journal and others back in late 1980's, early 1990's, though before that i was a nurse and later on returned to nursing in the charity sector before moving into fundraising, project management and other third sector organisations. Semi-retired now and looking to return to freelancing.

Interested in most genres of photography but most images fall into landscape, documentary, travel, street or portraits. Also enjoy watching F1 etc and visiting local wildlife and nature reserve at Abberton. Trying to learn more about lighting as mainly shoot without flash, so recently bought the Rotolight Neo 2, which I love. Also, getting into video and time-lapse. Taking a trip to Wales soon with a friend (also a photographer) and we hope to get plenty of landscapes and wildlife images.

Steve

Hi Steve,
Welcome to the forum, from a little further east (Clacton)
Look forward to seeing some of your photos :)

Hi Steve, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome! I posted a couple when joined, will be posting more soon. Mike (and anyone else) if you are ever interested in a meet-up and taking some photos in the Colchester/Clacton area do let me know.

Steve

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcome! I posted a couple when joined, will be posting more soon. Mike (and anyone else) if you are ever interested in a meet-up and taking some photos in the Colchester/Clacton area do let me know.

Steve
Sounds like a plan. Somewhat quicker to get to than the Cambridge meet last week :cool:

You got some nice shots on your trip to Felixstowe I see.
I particularly like the shot with the cranes all lined up, a very different view than the one from Harwich that I see regularly.

I hadn't realised the Landguard fort had WW2 parts added. I expected it to be more like Harwich's Redoubt.

Last edited:
I also have a friend in Ipswich who is now into photography. I will invite home to the site and hopefully he will be free too sometime in near future. I will be away in Wales with him as a matter of fact on a photography holiday last week in Oct and get back 2nd Nov so sometime after that would be good. Before that I will be visiting family up north so not many free weekends before early November. Open to suggestions but Felixstowe/Harwich area has lots to offer or Maldon town as know that area well but have yet to photograph the town much. Done Heybridge Basin a lot over the years though it still has lots to offer. Also spent time in Clacton area over the years and happy to revisit Clacton no problem.

:welcome: to the forum Steve

Back