Hello from Cornwall

Name
Jonathan (JK)
Edit My Images
No
Hello to everyone,
I have decided that since I shoot Nikon and Fuji that maybe it is better to come to a forum that just supports photography rather than a camera make only.
I used to live in Spain but Brexit and personal circumstances forced a move back to UK.
In Spain I used to shoot flamenco dance images for publicity and advertising of the dancers and venues as well as some landscapes and portraits.
After moving back to UK I now shoot landscape and portraits. Plenty of fantastic sights to shoot in Cornwall.

I use mainly Nikon FF and Fuji GFX (medium format) and X mount (APS-C) cameras as the camera work more like the film cameras of old.

I look forward to see what this forum has to offer as Covid lockdowns seem to have reduced my enthusiasm and opportunities.

Hello (again!)
Hi David,
Decided this might be a better place to be (new T&Cs elsewhere are not adjusted).
This looks much better suited to a Nikon and Fuji shooter.

Hi and welcome to TP

TP is in my experience is (fairly) brand agnostic.......though occasionally there is some friction.

I hope you find this forum to your liking and I look forward to seeing your images in due course.

PS I don't recall seeing any Flamenco dancer pictures, so if you are able to post some in one of the sub fora?

Last edited:
Hi Kk, welcome to the forum nice to see you here and think you will know a few members already.
Hi Dave,
Always good to meet old friends again.
Thanks for the welcome.

Hello and I hope you enjoy the forum Jonathan.

As per Box Brownie above, when you get the time some flamenco pictures would be interesting.

Have fun :D

Great stuff Jonathan. I enjoyed that, thanks for posting :D
:plus1:

I especially like the ones showing the movement and dynamism of the dancers.

The lighting at the venues looks like a nightmare for WB control.....only saw the odd one with a cast so (y) to you for your mastery.

The lighting at the venues looks like a nightmare for WB control.....only saw the odd one with a cast so (y) to you for your mastery.
Thanks. Yes WB is a nightmare as the club owners control the lighting which is usually a mix of gelled halogens, halogen spotlight, UV strips and the normal incandescents.
I used to put in a few coloured images when I took it back to the clubs for their publicity, they seemed to think these were cool! To me green, red or purple skin looks odd but then again I dont do tattoos either which all seem the rage!

Thanks. Yes WB is a nightmare as the club owners control the lighting which is usually a mix of gelled halogens, halogen spotlight, UV strips and the normal incandescents.
I used to put in a few coloured images when I took it back to the clubs for their publicity, they seemed to think these were cool! To me green, red or purple skin looks odd but then again I dont do tattoos either which all seem the rage!

I think a way off WB can sometimes make a picture something different and special so I suppose the skill is in spotting when to keep it and when to try and avoid or correct it.

Hi and welcome to the forum, have fun here :welcome:

:fuji:

Hi Jonathan, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

"I too remember you from the Fuji forum, although I've not contributed to it for quite some time now"

Hello to everyone,
I have decided that since I shoot Nikon and Fuji that maybe it is better to come to a forum that just supports photography rather than a camera make only.
I used to live in Spain but Brexit and personal circumstances forced a move back to UK.
In Spain I used to shoot flamenco dance images for publicity and advertising of the dancers and venues as well as some landscapes and portraits.
After moving back to UK I now shoot landscape and portraits. Plenty of fantastic sights to shoot in Cornwall.

I use mainly Nikon FF and Fuji GFX (medium format) and X mount (APS-C) cameras as the camera work more like the film cameras of old.

I look forward to see what this forum has to offer as Covid lockdowns seem to have reduced my enthusiasm and opportunities.
Hi mate, good to see you on here. (y)

Back