hello :-) from Ellie

Name
Ellie
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone

I'm here to learn some little tips and tricks on how to take better photos and how to cheat using photoshop hehe.

I work for an equine charity and part of my job is to take photographs of horses, donkeys and mules (and sometimes people too!), so any tips from fellow equine photographers would be very useful :)

I'm going to invest in my own SLR soon, so I don't have to keep stealing my work camera, and would like to get into wildlife photography.

Hope to chat to some of you soon.

Ellie

p.s I am only just starting out, so go easy on me!!

Last edited:
hello and welcome

Yay for horse-nuts! If you happen to indulge in any equine photography, some tips would be much appreciated :) will try to get some piccies on here soon.

Here's a couple of piccies for you!

photostream

photostream

Last edited:
Yeah i got confused about how to attach photos to a post... then i couldn't delete the post :( but i've added a link to some photos on my original post. man i said 'post' a lot of times in that sentence

Liking the daffodil one, although i think it would have been improved had it been centred or more to the right. The horse one doesn't do much for me really. It seems a bit "lost".

Which horse one? there's quite a few.

I took several daff ones - some of which were in the centre - but i preferred this one lol. Thanks for the input though, tis really helpful.

the one in your link? Tansy 2.

perhaps you ought to upload here so we all know were commenting on the same image :)

Welcome to the forum! Equine photography is one of my dream jobs, what charity do you work for?

How on earth do i upload photos onto my posts? I can't work it out!!!!

Persephone - I work for Redwings Horse Sanctuary... it's an awesome job!

Sign up with a website like http://www.photobucket.com and upload your photographs to there.

Oh, I sponsored a horse at Redwings when I was little - Willow. That does sound like a fantastic job, lucky you!

Thanks Persephone :) I've joined Flickr and I've posted a link on my original post, but I've noticed on other threads that people have included their photos in their posts, and I can't work out how to do that!

Aw, Willow!!! She looked like she was a great pony. Sadly she passed away just before I started working there, but people still talk about her all the time. She was very pretty!

If you right click on 'properties' on the red-crossed boxes where your pictures should be, you'll see that the URL code is http://http//www.flickr.com/photos/37283835@N05/3431730751/. Try losing the bolded part and it should work, I believe.

Hi Ellie and welcome.

Hi Ellie,
Welcome to the forum...
by the way you don't cheat in photoshop you enhance ... well that's what I say when I rescueing my pics :LOL:

Sorry, still can't see your pics.

hello gary

:wave: O.K. seen them now, have you got it sorted on how to upload? I had a problem with this and its easy when you know how.

Ahhh, I'm jealous! I sponsored/adopted Polly for years, until she passed away... I've been meaning to come back and visit for ages now actually, and choose another horse or pony to sponsor :D

Ahhh, I'm jealous! I sponsored/adopted Polly for years, until she passed away... I've been meaning to come back and visit for ages now actually, and choose another horse or pony to sponsor :D

I never got to meet Polly :-( but she does get talked about quite a lot! Do you live in the East Anglian area? You should definitely adopt another pony hehe

Welcome to the site im new here to, im thinking taken horse shots soon so maybe could help eachother out :)

Hello Elnana,welcome to the best forum around.:)(y):woot:

Back