Hello from Glasgow...'ish!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Hi all. Brand new to the site/forum and currently scratching my head as to why I've never signed up to any photography forum until now?!

I'm based in East Kilbride, just outside Glasgow. I've been a keen enthusiast amateur photographer (even that sounds a bit too grand, let's just say 'hobbyist'...) since my college/uni days, so going on 18 years now. I started with an old Canon SLR (the specific model escapes me but I still have it at home) when I first took up photography - predominantly focusing on street and landscape stuff - and learned how to develop film in the darkroom during my uni course. That fueled the fire and I soon made the transition to a DSLR which, of course, opened up a whole new world.

Like most hobbies in life however, photography took a bit of a back seat when I started my career, buying houses, starting a family etc. although the latter was the main reason for me picking up a camera again around 5 years ago, this time a Nikon D3200; being able to document my sons' growth into two young gentlemen (hopefully...:whistle:) has been, and will continue to be, a privilege. I switched the D3200 out for a D7500 a couple of years ago but I have a mirrorless itch that needs scratching after recently trying a friend's A7R III....wow.

Anyway, I've went on enough. I'm looking forward to investing more time in photography and can't wait to learn from what appears to be an awesome community here and, who knows, maybe even contribute something to the forum in time (y)

Paul

Hi Paul, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

Hi there, you'll enjoy it here, some very helpful people around.

I'm not far away from you, top end of the Irvine valley.

Hi Paul :welcome: to the forum, enjoy

Back