Midlands Hello, from Northants

lindsay

Admin
Name
Lindsay
Edit My Images
Yes
Greetings. Thanks for a really interesting site that came up when I randomly typed "photography discussion" into Google whilst being bored at my desk. I started leafing through topics and threads, and quickly became glued to the site. Without getting all drippy, this site has rekindled my interest in photography as a hobby, because it covers all of my old interests (genre's, plus film and vintage cameras), as well as offering good feedback on photographs without sniping, being patronising or just mean.
I was taught photography by my Dad whilst he was on a tour of duty in Hong Kong in the 60's, starting off with a Kodak Instamatic then moving on to a Pentax Spotmatic (not sure which one) and an Exa 1a with 200mm lens used for photographing aircraft. Back in the UK, Dad taught me the basics of developing and printing b&w, which I really enjoyed.
Years later, I traded up to a Pentax MZ-5 with a few lenses, and started using colour slides a lot. This led to buying a Bronica ETRS which I then took on a few holiday trips in Africa into the desert - the very best being Namibia, where I shot off many rolls of Ektachrome 120. There were some good photographs there, which sadly I've lost through house moves and divorce.
After Dad died, I inherited a fair collection of vintage equipment. Some I sold, along with some of my film kit, to buy a Nikon D300 which I still have but never really learned to use well. I'm now trying to put that right!
So coming up to date, I'm trying to get into digital with the D300, but more interesting is working through the old film cameras to see how/if they work, and I've also built a kit around a CanonEOS5 for film photography, bought a Pentax MZ-30 kit for fun, and the doings to put together a darkroom in the garage.

Now all I need to do is go out and expose some film!
Thanks very much for the inspiration from this site.

Hi Lindsay, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Welcome to the forum Lindsay :welcome:

Nice intro (y)

Back