Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Welcome from snowy Ottawa! I found this site while searching for photography activities in the UK. I'm heading to the UK in a few days for a photography workshop in Cornwall followed by walking the Dales High Way in Yorkshire. Future trip plans include northern Scotland. I hope to read more about photography options and people in the UK.

I've done photography most of my life but only in the past 4-5 years have become interested in going beyond simple snap shots. My preferences are with landscape and wildlife.

BTW, my screen name (ruckers) comes another interest: harpsichords. The Ruckers family were the leading buiders of harpischords in Antwerp in the 1600-1700's. A piece of trivia :) My real name is Nick.

Last edited:
The Cobbe Collection - fascinating. It looks very interesting. I hadn't heard of this collection. Last time I was in London (2017), I visited Fenton House in Hampstead which also has a National Trust link. I'll try and add the Cobbe collection to my plans. BTW, the URL didn't connect (I got a 404 error). This one worked for me: https://www.cobbecollection.co.uk/

Any advice or suggestions from memebrs for photography sites would be appreciated. I will have a few 'free' days in Exeter before and after the workshop.

Last edited:
Hi Nick, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi Nick, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".
Thanks for the welcome. I've enjoyed spending some time today reading through a range of posts. Fascinating things and some excellent work. I very much in the amateur camp. Hopefully, I'll get some images that I'll be comfortable to share.

Welcome to the forum Nick, enjoy your trip to the UK :wave:

Back