Hello from Scotland (normally!)

utopian

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
Hi there everyone,

I've been posting a little over the past few days and I just noticed the welcome forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

My name's Chris and I'm a photographer from Scotland. My day job involves commercial and wedding photography, along with video for both, but I also like to get out and shoot the outside world for myself. All together I've been shooting for about 17 years.

I wouldn't call myself a landscape photographer, more a sort of photographer of stuff outdoors. I tend to actively avoid big sunsets etc these days, and am more drawn to subjects that I fine personally evocative, be they of the landscape or of more abstract things found outside the house!

At the moment I'm actually living in Spain for a few months, photographing here and generally trying to improve my (terrible) Spanish! It's been really inspiring being in a new country day to day, and I've found myself with the most massive backlog of images and video to get through! I'm most active on Instagram, and you can find the link for that in my signature if you are interested in seeing more of my stuff.

That's probably plenty from me, but I look forward to seeing you all in some of the threads here over the next wee while.

Cheers!

Welcome Chris, good to have you aboard. It'll be interesting to see your Spain images once you've had a chance to sort them out etc.

Welcome Chris, good to have you aboard. It'll be interesting to see your Spain images once you've had a chance to sort them out etc.

Thanks very much! I've been posting a bunch of them, but still so many to get through! I challenged myself to post every day while I was here, and so far I've kept that up for 63 days.

I'm in catch up mode here, I shall go looking

Welcome to the forum Chris, enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Hi Chris, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Well, it's been a short journey.

Today I was banned from the trading section because one of the admins thought I was a professional trader.

I'm not a trader, although I accept my ads might come across like that (all pictures the same, shot studio style, same ad style). The truth is I'm selling quite a lot of kit as I move over to Sony for work. In total im selling 2 bodes and 6 lenses (all Nikon Z) and two flashes over the next month or so. I'm letting it go in batches as I replace it with equivalent Sony kit.

In the thread that followed I presented multiple ways to prove that I am in fact not a trader. I offered my business websites (both), my instagram full of pictures taken with the advertised kit, and any pictures they would like from my Instagram and website with EXIF from said kit showing serial numbers. All of these were refused.

When challenged on this they simply banned me from the section and refused to answer any question directly. Throughout the interaction they were dismissive and stubborn.

Is there any way to appeal such a decision, perhaps with another admin, or are we all to be beholden here to the flawed decision making of one individual?

This thread will probably be stone walled or deleted too, if that particular individual is the only one making the decisions.

I'm asking for a fair, merit based look at the situation, is that possible?

Last edited:
It's interesting that you have decided to take this bitch fest across 3 platforms.
The classified section, forum help, ( it was removed as its for help not a place to bitch) and now here.
You claim that you are not a trader, you posting history suggests otherwise.

You claim that ebay fees are not an issue for you,
you were offered to pay a small fee, reserved for for traders, ( which is far cheaper than ebay fees) you declined.
knowing full well that you would make a massive saving here, you continued to protest, far too much, that you are not a trader.

Not that I need to explain myself, but these decisions are on a vote of 3 ( majority takes it)
Continuing to argue with a site owner, who has made a decision, is not exactly bright is it?
I am reminded of the phrase, when in a hole stop digging.
56 posts in 15 years, many of which are in the classifieds doesn't exactly make you a participating member, either

From the rules
1) We reserve the right to remove the access of anyone that we believe to be abusing the sales area.
2)Ignoring these rules may lead to your exclusion from this section
3) If a moderator posts with an instruction, don't ignore it.

I'm fair, I'll give you a choice, either STFU about this, or your'll get a full ban, and you can go ply your trade elsewhere, the vote is already in, BTW

Last edited:
Not that I need to explain myself, but these decisions are on a vote of 3 ( majority takes it)
Continuing to argue with a site owner, who has made a decision, is not exactly bright is it?

This says everything. As I said in the now deleted thread, I know there's no way back. I've encountered people like you before in life, I think many people have. They can be found occupying minor positions of power and acting as judge jury and executioner.

A poundshop polpot, small man syndrome? It's called many things. A hobbyist photography message board is the perfect place for you.

There's numerous reports elsewhere on the web about the moderation here. Well done, you're famous for being a total turd.

I'll sell my kit elsewhere, and you'll always be the boss of this little corner of the internet, but nowhere else. Enjoy it.

I'm fair, I'll give you a choice, either STFU about this, or your'll get a full ban, and you can go ply your trade elsewhere, the vote is already in, BTW

Said like the tinpot dictator of a banana republic, bravo.

Cheerio!

Last edited:
There's numerous reports elsewhere on the web about the moderation here.
Only the unhappy ones that over stepped the mark, just like you.

Well done, you're famous for being a total turd.
:LOL:
At least I'm famous for something (y)

As you rejected my offer its clear that you were only here to sell, you had no interested in the other forums here, just the sales area :wave:

Last edited:
Back