Hello from Stoke on Trent

Name
David Bayley
Edit My Images
Yes
Afternoon all :wave:,

looking at buying my first dslr so thought i would join your forum for some good advice, and try and decipher all the jargon :thinking:.

Hi David, And welcome aboard TP.

Afternoon all :wave:,

looking at buying my first dslr so thought i would join your forum for some good advice, and try and decipher all the jargon :thinking:.
Hiya David, welcome to the forum. I have been on this forum years, and I am still learning all the jargon. ;)

Thanks for the replys.
The jargon is rather overwhelming. I've spent all day reading and watching reviews and I'm still non the wiser. I' pretty sure I like the Nikon brand, i just need to narrow it down from the d3200 - d3400 and the d5200 aswell as the d5600.

Thanks for the replys.
The jargon is rather overwhelming. I've spent all day reading and watching reviews and I'm still non the wiser. I' pretty sure I like the Nikon brand, i just need to narrow it down from the d3200 - d3400 and the d5200 aswell as the d5600.
Go into the camera threads, ask questions on the camera you are interested in. Plenty of advice soon comes along, members are pretty helpful on here. They will tell you the pros and cons, of various cameras. ;)

:welcome: to the forum David :wave:
:fuji:

Welcome from a fellow newbie
Im just a little further along having just bought a D3400 so can sympathise with the brain ache. I couldnt decide between DSLR or mirrorless, then Canon or Nikon. I view the D3400 as a cheap entry into detachable lens cameras. If I get to a point where I need a better camera then I suspect i would start to look at the mirrorless cameras for their portability but at the moment they seem to be more expensive than their comparable DSLR equivalent - I like the Fuji XT-2 but at £1700 thats a fair chunk of change to be starting out at.

I was looking at both the D3400 and D5600 but ended up thinking that as a starter camera the saving over the D5600 would cover accessories. For what its worth my thoughts and research indicated that the D5600 wouldnt take twice as good photos and for a greater improvement would need to look at the D7000 range.
I then found a new D3400 at a cracking discount which sealed the choice. Unfortunately Nikon have finished the £100 off offer they were running which I managed to combine with a discount I can get at Argos which made it £300. I have a budget all in so to speak and need some essential accessories so in the end price played a bigger role.
So far very happy with it.

Welcome,
Can't tell you about Nikon as I'm a canon user, but there's lots of advice on here. Stick a question in the beginners or equipment section. Theres some really helpful people on here.
Don't forget about secondhand for your first camera, to help the money go further.

Back