Hello from the a newbie

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks,

I'm new around here. I'm an ex-pat Brit now living in sunny South Africa. My home is a few minutes drive from the Kruger Park and my work means I get to spend a lot of time in the African bush....... often with my battered old Canon close to hand........ This means I often get to be in the right place at the right time, but I suspect I don't benefit from that as much as I should.

Hopefully I'll learn a lot from this site and thereby be able to take better photographs..........

Hi Steve :wave2:

Welcome to the forums :)

Can we assume that you will be showing us all stunning photos of African wildlife now? It is going to make a difference to the photos we have been taking at Chester zoo ;)

Hi Steve,

don't know about stunning, but I'm happy to post what I have for comment - should I do it here or elsewhere?

My only concern is that they don't get copied without permission (which has happened to me before) - but I guess I can insert text on the image somewhere.........can you or anyone else advise me on this please?

We have two seperate forums for this purpose (Photo sharing and Critique) You may post your pictures in there for us all to enjoy or for feedback. The rules here state that your images must be 800pix or less along their longest side and with a files size of 160kb or less, thats partly to keep the site snappy for the people still not on broadband and partly to offer some slight protection of your images. You can off course display photos smaller if you wish. :)

Welcome. :thumb: As Steve says, the file size restrictions we use here makes images of limited use to the unscrupulous.

We'll have to start calling ourselves 'TPF International' :smilenod:

Welcome mate.
Enjoying the sunshine? It's bl00dy horrible here still....

Hi Shakari and welcome to the forum ... great place to be and to learn from ! Some truly experienced guys here and, amazingly only too willing to share everything !

Enjoy !

Btb - love africa (and all those missed opportunities ... so far !) and look forward to your stuff.

Hi, and welcome - lucky you having the Kruger Park on your doorstop - all I have is the firing range :shock: Look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Hello and Welcome:)

Hello Shakari :)

Thanks for the warm welcome folks..... weather here today is a chilly 20C. Usually at this time of year it's close to twice that.

welcome!!

minimeeze said:
Hi, and welcome - lucky you having the Kruger Park on your doorstop - all I have is the firing range :shock: Look forward to seeing some of your pics.

It is a very nice firing range though - all sorts of wildlife - next lesson is wildfowl down at the lake...

Hi there! I hope you find as much help and advice here as I have :)

Back