Hello from the Czech Republic

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello all,

I am Monika, just started getting into (mainly wildlife) photography. Trying to learn and looking for a place with genuine & meaningful critique but also advice about wildlife photography places in Lincolnshire.

Looking forward to discussions and photos sharing,
Monika

Hi Monika and welcome to TP

I see that you are finding your way around here at TP and already posted in the Macro, nice accomplished work it is too using a compact camera :)

As you mention wildlife but have only shown macro using a compact camera, it may help if you mention which aspects of wildlife you like and what other camera(s) you have? The reason I ask that is, if you said you only have the Olympus compact but want to photograph small birds then you will need much more reach (longer lenses on a dSLR or mirrorless system).......................but I surmise you know that but we cannot guess ;)

Lastly, one of your countrymen is wonderful professional wildlife photographer, Petr Bambousek www.sulasula.com

All the best and I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Hi Monika, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Ahoj and welcome.

Welcome to the forum Monika, I hope you enjoy yourself here :welcome:

Hi, thank you for your messages :)

As you mention wildlife but have only shown macro using a compact camera, it may help if you mention which aspects of wildlife you like and what other camera(s) you have? The reason I ask that is, if you said you only have the Olympus compact but want to photograph small birds then you will need much more reach (longer lenses on a dSLR or mirrorless system).......................but I surmise you know that but we cannot guess ;)

I initially bought the compact for underwater pictures as it can go 15 meters deep without an extra case. I also have Canon 350D with a kit lens and sometimes (occasionally borrowed) Canon lens 55-250mm, f/4-5.6. (although, I am thinking of upgrading soon to Canon 77D and a wide-angle and tele lenses to start with).

As about the subject - I am mainly interested in reptiles and amphibians.

And Petr Petr Bambousek's pictures are amazing! I could easily imagine having them on my wall. Thanks for sharing!

Welcome fellow wildlife photographer. Its a great forum. Lots if information to be gleaned in here.

Les

Welcome Monika,

Me too, I'm from Czech Republic and this is my first day on this forum.

Have a good time

Back