Hello from the Isle of Wight

Sky

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

My name is Trevor. I thought I'd better say hello as I've been lurking for a couple of days now having found the site from a link posted on Photography-Forum that I've recently joined. Hi again if you use both. :rolleyes:

I'm a retired electronics engineer and flying instructor and I started taking pictures in the 1960s with a little 35mm Halina my dad had given me (I still have it in the attic somewhere). I bought myself an OM1 in the seventies and an OM4 in the eighties and took photos of my kids, their mates, landscapes and quite a few of aeroplanes. As much as I would have loved to have taken it more seriously there was never the time due to work, family and other after work commitments. :(

In all those years, I haven't really improved, so it's about time I started to do that. Now that I'm retired I'm hoping to be able to dedicate more time to it and become something more than just 'that bloke with a camera'. I'm new to DSLRs which seem to be amazing from what I've seen so far - especially the price of film, but have always had a snappy digital close by. :D

I picked up a used D3200 a few weeks ago to see if the digital bug bites (I think it has) and if it does will treat myself to one of it's big brothers. I also picked up a Nikkor 18-105 and 55-200 to use with it.

I'm new to Photoshop as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I can do with that. I've used ACDSee Pro for a few years, but have never really used that to it's potential.

I'm familiar with the forum software as I'm a Supermod/Admin on another XenForo forum, so hopefully I'll have no trouble in that department. ;)

Anyway, I don't want to bore you all so I'll shut up. I look forward to mixing with you, learning from you and hopefully in time be able to return the favour sometime in the future.

Regards,

Trevor

Hi Trevor, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Reactions: Sky
Hi Trevor and welcome from another Isle’o’wighter

Not a resident now but visit every month, so still get to capture the beautiful landscapes there.

Welcome to the forum Trevor :welcome:

Thanks for the great welcome everyone - much appreciated. :)

Nice to see that I'm not alone on the island either - maybe a beer or two could be shared at some time in the future? :beer:

Welcome. Well there's lots to photograph of the Isle of Wight across the seasons, so get shooting and sharing ;)

Back