Hello from the Norfolk newbie

Name
Rebecca
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Everyone,

I am new to all this!!!!

I am a keen photographer and looking to learn and develop my skills. Is there anyone else in the King's Lynn area of Norfolk that would be interested in meeting up so we can learn from eachother. Any advice welcome.

Thank you

Rebecca Fisher

Hi Rebecca, welcome to the forum (y)

Welcome Rebecca!

Not from Norfolk myself but went there for the first time over Christmas - Binham. Really beautiful part of the country, I am sure you will find a lot of inspiration!

Hi,

Thanks guys, yeah I am quite lucky living in the area that i do. It very pretty especially with all the snow at the moment. This is why I am wanting to learn how to make the best of my Nikon D50 and develope my skills in landscape photography to do it all justice.

I am also interested in portrait photography

Becs

Hi and welcome.

Not Norfolk but South Lincs. and there are a few of us around:)

Hi,
There quite a few of us in Norfolk!! Keep an eye out on the 'Meeting places' section of the forum. I am sure we will have a meet soon, and welcome to a friendly forum. Post up some pictures!

Cheers,

Dunc

Hi Becs. Welcome to TP. If you need any advice on the D50 I have one, although still learning myself, but learnt so much already from these guys. I'm in the Norwich area.

Hi

Thanks again, what i could really do with is someone who lives close and would like to go out and about with me so we can learn and develop skills and teach eather other.

Thanks for the tip Duncan I will keep an eye out for that, could you tell me how i can upload some of my shots on here please?

Chris that's great thanks I may just take you up on that offer vso watch this space :)

I have to say I am loving the warm welcome from everyone :)
becs

Last edited:
Hi,
There is a very good 'tutorial' section on the forum, you can find almost any subject there! It will explain it an awful lot better than than I could. In basic terms you have to put your shots on another site like Flikr or Photobox, you then transfer them bake onto here. Please look at the max sizes ***...
Put a new post in the 'Meeting Places' forum, just say who you are and what you want to do, and you might be pleasantly surprised!
I am happy to meet up in the Norwich area, theres plenty to shoot.

Cheers,

Dunc

One good place to test photographing skills (which also happens to be one of my favourite places) would be Pensthorpe. As you can get up close to a lot of the birdlife that gives ample chance to practise different settings of light, shutter, aperture etc. It's about 20 minutes from Norwich and 30 minutes from Kings Lynn.

I grew up in Dereham and went to school there. I moved out in 2004 when me & my now-wife moved in together in Norwich.

Wow i am really pleased that i did this. It's a great way of connecting with other people. Duncan if your serious I would love to meet and learn some stuff from you. Bare in mind that I am a complete novice so patiance will be needed lol.

Pensthorp sounds like a great place. I have been to titchwell marsh and really enjoyed it but i have to say found it difficult. I am still getting to grips with my camera and still have alot to learn about focusing, apperture and shutter speeds

Thanks again everyone

Yes this is a very friendly place to be! Let me know if you want to do Pensthorpe. I am signed off work for a couple of weeks and bored witless at home so if you want to go anytime then I can meet you except Thursday 21st as I have to go for some blood tests. After that I can do a weekend meet.

Pensthorpe generally open 10-4 this time of year.

Hi Chris,

Yeah that would be good especially as we are both using the same camera. I am sure that I will learn some things from you. As I said in my earlier post I am a complete novice and so patiance will be needed lol.

I am off Sunday the 17th of Jan if that's any good. I am going to try and upload a couple of my shots when I have figured out how so watch this space :)

Becs

Hi Chris,

Yeah that would be good especially as we are both using the same camera. I am sure that I will learn some things from you. As I said in my earlier post I am a complete novice and so patiance will be needed lol.

I am off Sunday the 17th of Jan if that's any good. I am going to try and upload a couple of my shots when I have figured out how so watch this space :)

Becs

Hi Becs, yes next Sunday is fine with me weather permitting of course. I can teach you a few things with the camera but I am still learning myself!

Hi

Yes ofcourse weather permiting. Learning all the ins and outs of my camera would be really helpful thank you.

Obviousely I understand that you are poorly at the moment so if you don't feel well enough on the day then just let me know it's cool.

Thanks again and I look forward to it. If you would like to add me as a friend on here then feel free.

Thanks again Becs :)

Consider it done. You should have a friend request.

I'll drop you a PM during the week to confirm all still ok and to arrange a meeting time.

I am still getting to grips with my camera and still have alot to learn about focusing, apperture and shutter speeds...

welcome......2 good books from Amazon ..........

"Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson

"Creative Nature and Outdoor Photography" (Paperback)
by Brenda Tharp

and
when i bought my D40 - the owners manual was rubbish....printed in grey text !
have a look at "Nikon D50 Digital Field Guide (Paperback)" at Amazon Books £8
well worth it ..............

Back