Hello from various locations!

Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all - I've been lurking for a few days and thought I'd introduce myself. I'm still intending to watch for a while as of I'm perfectly honest, I do not have the time at the moment for a new hobby... One can watch and plan/dream though!

I'm currently living in Las Vegas, but writing this near Flagstaff AZ. I'm UK military, so "home" is something of a nebulous concept.

I've been in to photography since my early teens (rapidly approaching 40 now) with an AE1 to start, followed by a couple of APS-C DSLRs and most recently a couple of m43s (currently the G9, which is just a phenomenal camera!) But if like something which offers a contrast to the Panasonic's 60FPS - I have a Bessa R3M gathering dust, and whilst I love using it, I struggle to justify taking it over the G9. The one (normal) lens I have for our as well doesn't necessarily fit my preferred subjects (travel - of which we are doing lots in our three years in the States!) and landscape.

I've just been cleared y my significant other to trade it in for a 4x5 field system - I happened to see an article on the Intrepid Mk4 release, and have now fallen down the rabbit hole... When time allows, a lightweight 4x5, plus 2-3 lenses from 90ish through 210ish might find their way to me... For now though, I'm in the research phase, and am working my way through AA's The Camera (helped by our most recent trip being to Yosemite, including a visit to the AA Gallery, and a purchase of a reproduction one of his Half Dome shots).

I've not seen many reviews or comparisons of the Mk4 over the Mk3, but the camera's (relative) light weight appeals. Is there anything else or a similar weight, but with slightly more refinement? Thinking especially things like detents to keep the camera straight until (and if) I decide to introduce movements.

welcome to the forum from an ex military

Hi, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Back