Hello from West Lothian, Scotland!

Name
Swan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys! Heard this was the best place to get come for information and feedback so I thought I'd sign up!

Anybody local to me, please give me a shout, I'd love to go on a shoot with someone else, the wife and my friends hate it when I'm stopping all the time to take pics!

Anyway, having just been given a D7100 as a birthday present, I took it with me on my "birthday" trip to Amsterdam earlier this month.

I took over 500 pictures and several movies (it must have turned itself on and started recording while walking through the Red Light District, with the strap round my neck and camera at my chest :p;) ) but here are my top 8. Or at least the top 8 I can post on a family forum. :D

dam.jpg

Infamous Damrak with the Train Station top left. Only HDR shot I did as I didn't have a tripod with me.

dam1.jpg

Downstairs in Dolphins preparing for the day ahead.

dam2.jpg

One of my favorite pictures looking down towards Leidesplein

dam3.jpg

Entrance to the Vondelpark. No idea who the guy is, thought he looked cool.

dam4.jpg

Blue heron in the Vondelpark. Pretty tame and used to people taking pictures!

dam5.jpg

Another view in the Vondelpark, I could've spent the entire trip here.

dam6.jpg

Just like here, but prettier.

dam7.jpg

So many bikes and so little fat people! :p

Hi Swan, And welcome aboard TP."Enjoy".

Hello and :welcome: to the forum

Lovely opening set of shots there, particularly like the second image. (y)

Hello and a very warm welcome to you.

Useful Sections for New Members (click links)

> The Help section contains some good general information about how we do things around here and how the forum works.
> FAQs and Guides can be found here.
> Forum Help and Support is there for you to ask questions and get one to one support if you're having problems finding your way around or working out how to do things.
> Link up with other photographers in your area for local events and days out in Meeting Place.
> Or maybe you fancy a challenge . . . Take a look at some of the organised TP challenges and competitions here.

Welcome.

A fine series of images (y) (I think #5 is a grey heron)

it must have turned itself on and started recording while walking through the Red Light District...

Accidents do happen sometimes :D
Make sure to get yourself a spare battery btw. ;)

Back