Hello from West Yorkshire

• Thread starter Deleted member 84791
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 84791

Hi

Very much an amateur photographer returning to the hobby. Over the years i've gone from my dads Olympus OM-10 35mm to Canon EOS 300 35mm, EOS 350D but for the last 10 years or so this has only come out during holidays. Last week I treated myself to an 80D as the 350D is on its last legs. I also bought a 24mm pancake with the 80D. For now I will continue with my original kit lenses from the 300, an EF 28-80 and an EF 70-300 but as these are both pushing 20 years old znd to be fair, not the best quality glass available. I intend to look at newer lenses over the next month or two (recommendations greatly appreciated :) ) . In terms of photography, I tend to only shoot outside be it landscape or wildlife. I've never used studio kit but would like to learn a bit more about portrait photography, both technically with the kit involved but also how to stage the shots with the subjects.

Link below to my onedrive - Very much holiday snaps but gives you an idea of my (lack of) skill level and the sort of things I like to photograph. Feedback very much welcome.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoIC4FCMIvz15Fh7IC1NuBjnIeeu

Simon

Hi Simon :welcome:

Good camera choice :canon:

Hi Simon, And welcome aboard TP."Enjoy".

Cheers folks :) Been having a look through the galleries and peoples Flickr accounts. I am amazed at the level of skill shown. I think some serious practice is needed :-D

Hi Simon, happy New Year and a warm welcome to TP...
Hope you enjoy yourself here (y)

Welcome along.

Back