Hello, is that Jessops?

Edit My Images
No
This is a complete word for word recount of a phone call I made yesterday...

Sonsey:- Hello, I'm phoning to inquire if you have the new Manfrotto 804 RC2 tripod heads in stock yet...

Jessops (smugly):- Hahaha, sorry mate but the 804 are tripod legs and the RC2 is the head, so which do you want, the 804 or the RC2...

Sonsey:- Actually mate, RC2 designates which quick release system is on the tripod head and 804 is the model number of the new tripod head Manfrotto have just released...

Jessops:- (cough) Yes yes, of course (frantic typing on a computer heard in the background), sorry we don't have it in stock, can I interest you in this video fluid head?...

Sonsey:- Never mind... Click!!.

:thumbsdown: :bang: :shake: :annoyed: :puke:

Don't get me started on Jessops. Having been a big fan of their service for years they seem to be hell bent on becomming totally useless.

Getting shot of the used list was pretty much the last straw. :thumbsdown:

Our local Jessops isn't bad, there's a guy in there also shots motox and I've got to know him quite well so usually get a pretty good service.

I dont want to start sounding like some old duffer (I'm going to but I don't want to ;) ) but way back jessops used to have staff that used cameras, develped film and printed photographs. They knew about the products, how they worked and compared for different uses.

These days Jessops are only really intersted in p&s digi and if you ask a question the usual response is to read the blurb from the catalogue at you.

I can see that, I want to know your experience. :bang:

Good to hear there are still some real snappers there somewhere though. :)

I went to my local jessops the other day for some batteries (cr123a - which they didnt have anyway). A customer came in and asked if they had an olympus e-300 or 500 he could look at. The woman behind the counter then proceeded to tell him he was a nutter for even thinking about Olympus because they are rubbish and have always been rubbish (no specific reasons given). She then proceeded to try sell him the 350D. The guy looked at here and didnt even reply, just walked out. I know she has to get the sales in but she insulted the guy.

I think half the problem is Jessops have bought out so many smaller shops over recent years they have a virtual high street monopoly and just don't think they need to try any more. The demise in staff knowledge is now very obvious.

Well it's their loss, he tried to tell me that I was the first person in two years to ask for a Manfrotto tripod head, strange that since a friend had been in the week before, asking about just that! :nono: Complete jokers :shake:

...I went straight onto ebay and ordered one after that call... and it's just now graced my doorstep :clap:

That's what you call service Jessops!! :rules:

I've dealt with Jsucks 5 times, 3 shops and 2 phone (god knows why) My first experience was receiving my camera which had a couple of marks on and stuff missing.....well the strap! (bought it over the phone....took in back in person) Others times they just didn't have in stock and tried to sell me sh8 I didn't want.
Now I use W/E and others and have never had a prob yet (touch wood :bonk: )
I know nothing about photography but feel I know nearly as much as staff at J.
Disclaimer.....sometimes voices tell me to type things.

KenCo1964 said:
I know nothing about photography

:nono: You should be banned for such fraudulent lies. :razz:

;) :LOL:

maidstone in the checkers, big dude with the beard, he knows everything!

I've said it once and i'll say it again

The spooky blonde in the chester branch scares me:eek: and because of that, they don't get my custom.

Never personaly had a problem with yaysopps until tey tried to charge me about 15 notes to cross process a film!

I'm not sure of the validity of the excuse but was told its 'because it can strip the emulsion from the film and contaminate the chemicals'

sounded lame to me.....

plus boots did it for a lady godiver ;)

digitalfailure said:
I've said it once and i'll say it again

The spooky blonde in the chester branch scares me:eek: and because of that, they don't get my custom.
Sounds like a good enough reason to me, I believe we're all scared enough with the price of photography kit without any extra pant filling factors... :eek:

...second thought, perhaps it's a good thing to have the option to get scared out of the shop before parting with any cash :D

but was told its 'because it can strip the emulsion from the film and contaminate the chemicals'

This is an E6 film through C41 then?

If so then it's sort of true. The chemistry in the machine will be in constant decline anyway and be slowly refreshing through the tanks. Putting E6 films in will speed this up but you wouldn't notice the chage with a single film.

Back