Hello. New to Forum

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All.

Having had a 6 year break from photography I'm taking up the hobby again, which should be interesting due to a couple of changes in my circumstances. Short version is that I have a bit of a duff right arm with some limited movement, sensation and reduced power. I also have two toes missing on one foot (ongoing healing at present) so walking a bit of an issue. But hey there's nothing like a challenge. Just need to get back into practice and adapt to new limitations which will be fun.

I'm looking forward to see what other are up to and picking up ideas and new learning.

Hi Adrian and welcome to TP :)

Lots to read & learn plus participate as you wish to including as you will sub-fora for constructive criticism.

In regard physical difficulties that might affect your camera usage just ask away, there are others hereabouts that could/might possibly offer insights.

Reduced mobility in all forms AFAIK is discussed here https://www.the-dps.co.uk/ so just in case you might find further support there???

Hi Adrian, :welcome: to the forum. If you are right handed you will just need to bear that in mind when you choose a camera, weight wise I mean and consider a monopod to use all the time, I do.

AFAIK I believe means 'As far as I know'

Thanks Norkie. Yes I am right handed and have had to learn to do some things left handed. Having said that So far I've managed reasonably well with my canon 650d with a 70-300mm zoom as long as I keep a decent shutter speed. Fortunately, prior to any disability I tended to take most of the weight through my left hand, which has come in handy (if you'll excuse the pun) in the present circumstances. I am still learning my limits with the camera and ways to adapt. Still it's all part of the fun of learning.

Hi Adrian, Sounds like either a Monopod or Tripod woud be an asset to you, welcome to the forum

Les :)

Hi Adrian, Hi, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy".

Back