Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi my names Mark, I live in Worthing (near Brighton). I guess I've been interested in photography since I was a kid, as there were always cameras around, had a bunch of hand me down 35mm point and shoots, first couple of cameras I got myself were Sony digital point and shoots, until I picked up a Nikon D40 with the kit lens and a 50mm to go traveling with. Pretty much nothing but snapshots and memories, but it served me well on many trips, until it met its end on a fishing trip in the states (RIP), anyway I didn't have the money to buy another camera while I was away, so just went to a charity shop and picked up a 35mm slr (Pentax K1000) with some random zoom lens and a bunch of rolls of film and shot that the remainder of the trip. I really liked the images I got shooting the cheapest film I could find (Kodak Gold 200, I think), so kept using film.

Nowaday, I shoot maybe 80% film, 20% digital. I enjoy the whole process from creating the images, developing and printing (although scanning negatives is a pain, so I mostly stick to darkroom printing). I'd still say my stuff is snapshots and memories, but I love travel photography.

I was directed here by someone from the Negative Positives Film Photo Podcast facebook group, as since I've been listening to more photography podcasts of late, the whole idea of a community of people who share a common interest intrigued me. Typically I'm just the odd guy with two/three cameras taking photos of stuff that interests me.

Welcome to the forum Mark, my first 'proper' film camera was an Olympus OM2n, still got that camera. Not been used for some while though.

Enjoy the forum :wave:

Hi Mark, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Welcome to the forum, Mark. I live in Hove (nearer Brighton) and normally can be found in the film and conventional section. I prefer medium and large format film.

I understand the appeal of lager formats. I know some of the scans I've gotten out of medium format have made me want to add it to my everyday tool box. It's great to hear there are other in the area.

Back