Hello

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello folks,

New member here looking to flex my photography muscles again. Many years ago and about 6000 miles away I did some semi-professional photography work, mostly weddings and small car events. Nowadays, though, I shoot just for my personal enjoyment, my kids being my main subject of interest.

My interest in shooting cars has not faded, but my body is just not up to it anymore. Recently, I sprained a muscle by just lying on the floor trying to do some reverse lens macro shots! To jump-start my muscles again, I'm looking to just photographing my own car for a start. I've browsed through the motorsport and transport forum and that has helped boost my morale. My main task at the moment is to just find a safe and secure location, of which I am legally allowed to photograph my car. I'm hoping to find some tips on this forum.

To help me get back on track, a while back I bought a used Canon EOS 5D (Mark I) with an EF 50mm f/1.8 II, an EF 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 II and a Nikkor 135mm f/2.8 AI with a Fotodiox adapter (mainly to photograph my kids; the image quality from that lens is amazing!). I have Magic Lantern on the 5D which I use the intervalometer function occasionally for time-lapse photography. To process the photos to a video I use ffmpeg. For most of my photo editing and organising, I use Lightroom.

Looking forward to keep this hobby from dying inside me. Wish me luck!

Hi and welcome to TP. I am sure you will find lots to interest you on here. Dive in and enjoy.

Hi, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

:welcome: to the forum, some lovely kit you have (y)

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Kit-wise, what I have is what I can afford, but I take it as a challenge. At least I can afford the low hit/miss ratio "working" with the 5D!

The best kit I have by far though is my Google Pixel XL. It's the best as in it's always with me!

Back