Hello

Name
Lea Bodenham
Edit My Images
No
Hello everyone. I’m in the UK and I bought my Nikon camera 3 years ago during lockdown. I have tried to do a course, which was great, but I just don’t have the time or motivation to learn how to use it properly, so I’m thinking of selling. Anyone else found themselves in this situation?
Lea

Hi Lea and welcome to TP

Photography as a hobby is very much, in many ways, about the journey not the destination.

You will see various threads hereabouts that talk of the loss of interest/mojo.

Some things that can keep your interest are perhaps picking a subject (e.g. your own garden through the seasons, family & friends, your local area..... etc)

Perhaps a photo walk with a local photography club?

IIRC very few sell their gear during these "lows"

All the best with whatever you decide to do.

PS you may have spotted there is the 52 project done by some here.

Welcome Lea. I hope we can persuade you to hang on to the camera and can motivate you. Box Brownie mentioned the weekly challenge, the 52; we also have a monthly one, the DPOTY23. In both cases, we give a theme, and people try to shoot an image to match the theme. This tends to help motivate some people, with others it provides a reason to go out with the camera.

Hi Lea, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Lea, don't give it up, it's great pastime :)

Hi Lea, welcome to TP.

Don't worry - just keep spending money on more (and more) accessories and before you know it (after your second mortgage), you will have 'forced' yourself to take up the hobby. ;)

All joking aside, it's a great hobby. I started in 1967 and I've still not decided whether I like it or not . . . :rolleyes:

Back