Helmsley Castle 2

Edit My Images
Yes
heres another shot of the castle from a different perspective

helms-3.jpg

Woh - looks like this place has great potential !

Terrific pic Peter - perhaps lose a bit of the foreground grass and straighten her up a tad (left side) ?

the sky has just had the levels adjusted but yes it does look un-natural.

Garnock said:
Sorry Peter, I'm not convinced by that sky.
I realise it's not an easy job but that's the nature of the beast.

If you're going to import a new sky it has to look natural and that's not easy.

dont be sorry, how else am I going to learn if ppl don`t tell me there opions and whats right, whats wrong, what works what doen`t work.

I don't think it is so much the way the sky looks as the difference that is apparent in the sky comparred to the Castle. Because you have altered the levels in the sky it has created sharp lines around the windows which is usually a sign of a badly imported background. By increasing the contrast of the building, and applying some sharpening to balance the detail in the brickwork with the sharp edges around the windows it would balance the photo much more. If done correctly it could work and make what is essentially a good picture into a very good picture.

You need to work on the contrast and shapness of the building to balance the picture :)

HTH

Great shot i think, reminds me of a scene in Highlander, just when Sir Sean loses his noggin.

In addition to above, have you tried the sky looking more greay, as this would tone better with the stone work. In addition if sky is anothey layer, then decrease opacity of sky level to allow original colours of sky to bleed through a little. On your original shot on another thread I had opacity at around 85% for that reason.

Keep going, it's all fun fun fun

loads of potential, a lovely setting, just need to get the post processing tweaked and its there

Back