Helmsley castle

Edit My Images
Yes
Not to sure on this shot, just doesn`t seem to be working

helms.jpg

if any one would like ago at making it better then the original is here

Hi Peter, It certainly has potential.
All thats missing from your shot is a dramatic sky, IMO.:thumb:

Here's my attempt at bringing the sky detail into the shot.

peterg.jpg

I've adjusted the levels, so that the black/white sliders touch the bottom of the histogram mountain.
Using the magic wand tool, I've selected the sky area, created a new adjustment layer for levels, moving the black slider in to bring back the sky.
I've also added a saturation layer, and adjusted the brightness and contrast slightly.

i like that, dont see anything wrong with it TBH, Matts version has a lot more Pop to it though

i much prefer Matts version, it looks so much more moody Hmmm will have to have a play with the levels :), Also the crop he has used is better
well done

i dont have the required skills to do it, but its crying out for a great big moon shot to the side , slightly behind the tower

MyPix

possibly all black n white

Think you've nailed it there m8 :thumb:

Much more dramatic :smilenod:

i'm loving those borders too

Excellent.
Now you know how to adjust elements of an image, you can experiment to your hearts content.
And who knows what you'll come up with.:thumb:

yeah it the first time i have used the magic wand, Its great :D
thanks for the advice

MyPix said:
i dont have the required skills to do it, but its crying out for a great big moon shot to the side , slightly behind the tower

MyPix

possibly all black n white
wouldn`t even know how to start to add a moon, Bt black and white I can do.

helm-b+w.jpg

super stuff Peter, looks like your getting the hang of it now!

A great shot to start with and, personally I think the B & W treatment adds eeriness !

Don't know how much room you have left of castle ... just would like to see it cropped with the straight side a lot closer the right border with the space then to the left ? Shut-up Rog... you are babbling !:nut:

hahahahaha.

I have never ahd so much fun taking photos iam so glad i convinced the wife to get this camera :)

nah,(or should i say i persued her to let me buy it for my present) she bought for my christmas present, I just got it a bit early so I could take photos our daughters on christmas morning .

Peterg984 said:
hahahahaha.

I have never ahd so much fun taking photos iam so glad i convinced the wife to get this camera :)

Best post.... ever! :smilenod:

Explanation of how to achieve different skies explained in tutorial section under "PS Alpha Masking" . Have fun :)

Back