Help - Batch adding a Watermark

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
New to the site and foolishly added this Q to an old thread.

The old thread did not answer my question and I am looking for help with this.

I have aperture and Elements 6, would like to find a way of adding a watermark automatically rather than pic by pic.

Ian
Sorry to resurrect this but I need similar help?

I have Elements 6 for mac and cannot find >File >batch.

All I want to do is have an automated process for adding a watermark.

This is the closest thread I could find to my problem without starting a new one.

I can batch convert all my files in aperture to jpegs and change the file names, but adding a watermark layer 1 by 1 in Elements is tooooooo! slow.

Help please:bang:

Get a PC with Windows? ;-)

another vote for picture shark, anly problem i see with it is that it doubles the original filesize of the photo after its done its job, not really what you want for the web.

Have been busy researching and might have found an answer on a mac forum.
No aperture searches or apple searches provide the answer because it involves bringing something in from outside (has Mr Gates bought into apple)
Just about to try it and if it works ok will post it up for others.

Thanks for the help so far.

Ian

Use the Batch process muliple file in Elements 6 and use just the label part of it unless you want to resize at the same time in whiuch case activate the resizing as well.

107990458.jpg

For all Mac and aperture users this is how to add a batch watermark when exporting from aperture.

1. Create a watermark in Elements / CS3.
File > New > Create the document size for the size of your watermark. I have created 1st one at 6cm x 2cm 300dpi for small pictures.
Design your watermark as a foreground adding whatever effects you want (© is created with alt-G).
Make sure you delete the background layer. <It does not matter how opaque you make the background it will show up on your images like a piece of transparent film so just delete it.>
Save this file.

2. Open aperture
Select Aperture >Presets > Image Export
Check Show Watermark, Select the image you saved, select position, set opacity to 1 (fully to right)

It works and there is a similar preset Web Export if you are exporting direct to a web site.

I hope this helps others. It was relatively easy once I found out HOW. Trial and error led me to save watermark without a background rather than a transparent one.

Paul-S - thanks for your post. Now I have found the labels tab I can do it in both Elements and aperture
Ian:clap::D

Back