Help choosing colour paper

Edit My Images
No
Can anyone help me choose colour paper for darkroom printing? I have been using the Ilford 'Pearl' finish for my black and white printing but dont really know if there is an equivalent for colour papers.

I have seen Kodak 'Semi-Matt'... has anyone used this?

Thanks in advance.

I use the Kodak semi matt and really like it, I dont like using glossy, too easy to get marks on etc. I also use a fuji one thats nice but I dont know the name, I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

As a result of the attitude that Kodak showed towards me I changed to Fuji paper and chemistry about ten years ago. I have always been happy with Fuji (Crystal Archive) paper since then, but however, this year they discontinued sheet paper from their product range :crying:.

I have built a bench onto which I position a Rotatrim cutter, in order to cuts sheets from roll paper. There is no financial advantage in doing this since paper is always priced by the square metre (so for example 100 sheets cut from a roll cost exactly the same price as two boxes of 50). This has to be done in complete darkness. It is a nuisance but life goes on.

There are still Ebay sellers listing Fuji sheet paper but their prices are way too high for me, given the quantities I use.
Fuji papers are available in glossy, matt and lustre finishes.

Thanks guys, i was also recommended to go for Kodak at my local darkroom due to the shortage of Fuji paper so i will be giving it a go! :)

Back