help! eek! Kids!

Name
Nattelie
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm gonna shoot my friends kids today (how wrong does that sound? :LOL:) they're 2 and 4.

I don't have sprogs, just lots of nieces and nephews...and I need some advice!

To be frank... do you think a 4 year old and 2 year old would be ok sitting on a table? :shrug:

Yes, I know it's a random and perhaps bizarre question... :LOL:and probably a "D'oh! My Brain Hurts!!" moment...

get yourself onto flickr and have a look at {leah}.....do some searching for shots you like....have a look at the weather, its pretty damn gorgeous here maybe get into the garden or local park?
They wont stay still...if you need them to give them something intriguing to play with or to shake at them!

I'm shooting them all the time (and being paid for it) and it's pretty simple.

You need to talk to them first, try and interact and make friends with them. Ask them about there toys and stuff for example ;)

If the garden is a nice location I sometimes shoot there but most of the time it's indoor shooting and I always try photograph them while their playing (candid), the sofa is sometimes a good prop, but if I was you I would shoot up close so the photo is focussed more on the child and there's little background showing :)

Hope this helps.

I'm shooting them all the time (and being paid for it) and it's pretty simple.

You need to talk to them first, try and interact and make friends with them. Ask them about there toys and stuff for example ;)

If the garden is a nice location I sometimes shoot there but most of the time it's indoor shooting and I always try photograph them while their playing (candid), the sofa is sometimes a good prop, but if I was you I would shoot up close so the photo is focussed more on the child and there's little background showing :)

Hope this helps.
Shooting little uns isn't a problem TBH, one of the shoots I did that was most fun, was shooting aload of 7 year olds. It was more "will the height difference be an issue?" "will they be safe?" those kinds of things. Remember, I can't get on the floor and shoot, so to get them and I on the same level, they have to come up a bit. :LOL:

Natalie why not invest in some stacking posing tubs. If interested have a look at photomart, they stack like russian dolls 7 in total £165 ish region.

I wouldn't plan on shooting kids on a table unless mum and dad are either side or you have a good insurance policy. My kids are that age and wouldn't sit still for long, they are bad enough in the studio.

A cheaper alternative would be bean bags, stick the two year old on it and the four year old on their knees or standing behind with arms around them. Cuddling shots close up look great and parents adore them, get them to sing row row row your boat, facing each other cuddling. You will get giggles.

Back