Beginner HELP EMERGENCY

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Have some video 2.7k 60fps from my gopro 7 black that plays in the gopro fine but when i download it doesnt play says corrupt...

downloaded to different locations.. ran through different software

is there a fix for this sort of thing? :(

I get sound and a green sound line accross the middle :(

downloaded VLC and that plays it.. now converting to mp4 1080.. i will lose my 2.7k so no zoom but at least saved if works

could do with somethign FREE that saves as per originally taken ?

Download Davinci resolve. It's free and a Hollywood grade editor. If that can't play it then something is wrong.

Download Davinci resolve. It's free and a Hollywood grade editor. If that can't play it then something is wrong.

downloading now... i gte it tow work in vlc but then if i convert its not editable

in fact vlc saved it wrong

Easiest is probably to open it with Handbrake (free) and transcode to something you normally work with eg H.264

Easiest is probably to open it with Handbrake (free) and transcode to something you normally work with eg H.264

Not sure what that even means :) hence the BEGINNER thingy.. but will google handbrake and see if it walks me through as getting desperate now.. spent hrs trying different things... so annoying that i can play it.. just cant save it or edit it :(

Tried it and it worked...accept it only did about half a minute and i cant see how to do the whole gopro file which are about 8 minutes lomg..

Any messages come up on handbrake?

What’s the GoPro file format? HEVC?

If you want send me the file on wetransfer and I’ll see if I can do it.

mp4 .. it just ran then finished but only a short clip.. otherwise its the first software from half a dozen others thats worked.. its editable.. fully fixed... doesnt seem as vibrant to view and too short.. otherwise on right track :)

If you want send me the file on wetransfer and I’ll see if I can do it.

I ahvent got wetransfer pro and the gopro files are nearly 4 gig.. i could upload to my site.. would that work?

Yes that would work, send me the link when it’s ready

Yes that would work, send me the link when it’s ready

thanks will do :)

its a behind the goals video and theres a penalty i need at 5.30

www.kipax.com/GOAL.MP4

While that was uploading I tried again and it worked this time... again not as good colours.. bit dull.. dont know if you can better it..

however after trying all night this was the first program to have real success.. so THANKS:)

PS original i 60fps

Nearly ready - where should I send?

Did the gopro battery die, I wonder if it didn't close the file properly.
Sometimes it's not obvious what has happened I hate the things they are forever crashing.
Anyway if that happens sometimes the closing segment is still in the camera and putting the card back in can finish writing the file - provided it hasn't been used since.

I've sent the goal clip to your "webmaster" email by wetransfer

the original file was HEVC inside the MP4 container which does have some compatibility issues. I'm using Premiere Pro so used that to cut the goal clip, tweak the curve and saturation and export as H.264 MP4 which should work. I'll check the effect of handbrake on the colours for the whole file in the morning.

Thanks @newbie1 Looks like along with your help and the "handbrake" software I have managed to retrieve the videos i need.. ..I must have done somehtign wrong first time i used it.. it now saves the whole file :)

Thanks @newbie1 Looks like along with your help and the "handbrake" software I have managed to retrieve the videos i need.. ..I must have done somehtign wrong first time i used it.. it now saves the whole file :)

I'm glad it worked out! Looking at the whole file converted with handbrake, I don't see any difference in colour using the vimeo / youtube 4k 60fps preset.

I'm glad it worked out! Looking at the whole file converted with handbrake, I don't see any difference in colour using the vimeo / youtube 4k 60fps preset.

might be me :)

Well.. i was in a panick on the day so didnt have time to investigate much., Juts needed the video clip working..

So on investigation.. trying different things and different cards... the fact I ahve two gopro 7 blacks is a help... I finally found out what was wrong.. the files where not corrupt.... If I shoot with 4:3 aspect ratio i cant play them in some software and vegas pro wont load them... take off the 4:3 and videos record fine.. To be honest i didnt realise it was in 4:3 anyways

simple as that :( but only when you know :)

Back