Help! Fuji S5 Raw files

Have you tried processing the RAf to a TiFF using either Hyper Utility or Finepix Studio?

Thanks.
I just installed the software that came with it and can now see thumbnails, however I'm having trouble getting all the pics from the camera, it downloads the 1st 8 then I keep getting an error message saying files not found! But there there when I look on the camera. :shrug:

Thanks.
I just installed the software that came with it and can now see thumbnails, however I'm having trouble getting all the pics from the camera, it downloads the 1st 8 then I keep getting an error message saying files not found! But there there when I look on the camera. :shrug:

Very odd, have you got a card reader?

The other thing you could try is taking the memory card out of the S5 and putting it in your D200, then link to PC and see if that is any different. The camera wont read the RAW file as its a RAF not a NEF but it might transmit to your PC.

No.
I'm wondering, the card was formatted in my D200 bofore I used it in the S5, would that make any difference?

Yes, have you got another card you can try in your S5. If it were me I would format another card in the S5 go and take 10 random shots then see if you can transfer them

Yes, have you got another card you can try in your S5. If it were me I would format another card in the S5 go and take 10 random shots then see if you can transfer them

Well, putting the card in the D200 worked for transfer.
Tried another card in the Fuji, formatted and it still happens, these are cards used in the D200 but I have formatted them in the Fuji but still keep getting the error message and won't transfer!
Do I get a new card to try or Just send the camera back?!

Well, putting the card in the D200 worked for transfer.
Tried another card in the Fuji, formatted and it still happens, these are cards used in the D200 but I have formatted them in the Fuji but still keep getting the error message and won't transfer!
Do I get a new card to try or Just send the camera back?!

It doesnt look good, is this just RAF files or JPEGS as well?

Shouldn't make any difference, I swap cards between the D300 and S5 all the time without reformatting without any problems at all.

I have had a similar problem to the one you describe though, it was down to a duff card reader, I eventually got the pics off one card (lost 200 images on the other :bang:) by putting the card in one of the cameras and using the cable, but if that is how you've been trying to download them already...:shrug:

1st time it downloaded 5 photos then said "error unable to read folder", so I then put that card in the D200 transfered them all no problem.
Tried another card, formatted, it downloaded 9 photos then got error message again and wouldnt download the rest, turned camera off, disconnected, then tried again and it downloaded them all!
Tried again! Downloaded a few then got error again!
These are RAF and JPEG.
I'm assuming its a duff camera?!
These cards all work fine in the cameras just having problems downloading photos from them in the Fuji.

Well, I tried transfering with the camera connected to my sister's laptop, JPEGs transfered fine, wouldnt read the RAF files, I assume thats coz she aint got the software.
Went and bought a card reader today and both files downloaded fine with that on my PC!
So should I just assume its a compatability problem with the camera and my PC and the cameras fine?

Well, I tried transfering with the camera connected to my sister's laptop, JPEGs transfered fine, wouldnt read the RAF files, I assume thats coz she aint got the software.
Went and bought a card reader today and both files downloaded fine with that on my PC!
So should I just assume its a compatability problem with the camera and my PC and the cameras fine?

Good move on the card reader front, it is loads quicker :clap:

If you are happy to use the card reader and this can extract both the RAF files and the JPEG files from the card onto your PC then I think you are right and its a compatibility problem.

What do you think to the quality of the images?

Back