Help, getting used to new camera

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so today was first day when I had put aside several hours at Blashford Lakes to play with the New gear, first time in a hide as well !!! Photos not to inspiring and it was a real challenge getting used to everything. lots of people, etiquette ?? of the hide, as well as all the buttons, any way just been through the afternoons shots, and the first thing I have noticed is that I took far to many photos of birds to far away meaning that a lot of cropping has occurred..
any criticism is welcomed,
Thanks for looking

a4f2f438.jpg

1969592c.jpg

45472c16.jpg

c060c7b4.jpg

They are not bad at all. In number 2, if possible try cropping it the other way. So that there is more room on the lefthand side, for the bird to look into.

:I agree with you, trouble was that there is a ruddy great feeder there I had to crop out :shrug:
thanks for the help though(y)

I love the blackbird one...very underrated bird to photograph, I love the waxy textures to their plumage, and the vivid orange of their Eye lids and beak...you captured it well (y)

plus a bird always looks better without an artificial feeder in the shot lol

having been in hides more times than I care to remember, there is little or no etiquette in there,most people tend to push themselves to the front and sit there for hours.I have been on many twitches where etiquette goes out of the window,recently in Chipping Norton,the bird (Oriental turtle dove)was viewable from the kitchen window of a local resident,who kindly enough opened his house so more people could see the bird, the window was a French door approx 7' wide,a system was in place so that those at the front should watch the bird for 5 minutes then move back to allow th next person to view it,I moved back after 5 mins and returned to the back of the queue,some berk then decides whilst at the front,to set up his tripod with camcorder and bloody stayed there for well over an hour-despite many people asking him to move so they could get to see the bird.
On a lighter note,your shot of the Blue Tit is a stunner,just a shame the perch was'nt a twig ;-)

well done david some great photos you will pick plenty of tips from the forum there a great lot on here ,
good luck with the new camera
all the best
mick

Back