Help had a small accident - Repair estimate included now

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I have broken my Lens. Just got a lens from here and not even had chance to really try it until last night.

I was trying the macro function out and popped in to my bag, when i got up this morning i pushed every thing into my bag.

I have pushed the lens from 300mm back to 70mm while the macro lock was on. hmm it doesn't zoom now. it works at a 70mm prime perfectly lol (you laugh or cry)

Lens in question is Tamron 70-300 LD DI 1.2 Macro. is there such repair centre at Tamron or is bin time and feel **** as i have had about 5 pics from it.

Some thing rattles inside. Im not insured either.

Any help would be great.

Do you have household insurance, you may be covered?

I suspect that you've sheared off the lug that locates in the helicoil track. If so, it's not a major fix but will probably still cost more than you paid for the lens.

Bob

Is the macro lock still stuck on? If its like the sigma version it will only unlock when its at 300mm ish. Maybe try gently pulling the lens out to 300mm and try and release the lock?

The lock is off now and wont pull out, but wasn't putting much pressure.

My house insurance has an content excess of £50. I am well cheesed off with myself.

Would it be worth contact Tamron?

I would go with what CanonBob says, to have it fixed may not by economical. A phone call never hurt but i wouldn't get your hopes up.

Search for Intro 2020 and ask them for a quote, they re-aligned the elements in a Tamron lens i used to have.

Jonathan

keep your fingers crossed and let us know how you get on.

Sent, i will come back with there outcome. not holding my breath. if its too much then all i pay is the return carriage and use it as a push n pull zoom.

Well intro 2020 have sent me the costs, £41.12 delivered back including clean.

what ya think, just pay return postage and deal with push pull zooom or pay it?

That's about the half the price of a suitable replacement so I'd suggest that you go for it.

Bob

I would pay that as its not a bad price, and you would pay £6 for return anyway and a replacement would be in the region of £100

Back