HELP! HTML

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
I have created a PSD file which I use for printers and adverts etc. One of the firms now want all future files also in HTML for their online media pages. They want to charge me for this (£99) and charge every time there is a change.

Is there an easy way to do this. I have little knowledge in HTML. I have dreamweaver but no idea of how to use it.

The PSD is pretty basic an image some wording and that is about that.... they want to be able to use links with things like my email etc.

All advice appreciated.:shrug:

My knowledge is pretty limited, i do have two web sites based on using Microsoft Office Front Page 2003, a simple piece of kit, you can split the screen so you can see both the HTML and finished screen.
Not sure if thats any help but at least you get a bump up.

Thanks.I think I may have a copy on an old computer somewhere

if you have dreamweaver, this has precisely the same functionality

:)

Use the 'slice' function in photoshop to convert the psd to an image and html

My feeling is that slicing in photoshop is not a good way to go. Sure it will suffice, but doesn't have good coding.

From what you say, they want your ad\flyer to put on their website? An optimized jpg would suffice? If you want your web page to look like your adverts you need to think differently about how you go about it. Print and web are not the same. There was a chap I knew created his web page out of one .jpg image. His web design project company charged him £125 for each amendment, which he did in his psd file, creating a replacement .jpg. Not sensible.

Last edited:
Back