HELP - ilford ilfosol 3 developer 500ml

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm quite new to creating my own solution for developing b/w film, so can someone give me some advice on what 1+9 means? I want to develop 1x35mm film in a tank. Thanks in advance.

1 part ilfosol to 9 parts water.

So that would be adding 100ml of ilfosol to 900ml of water to make 1 litre of developing solution.

This means 1 part to 9 parts, eg. 500ml of concentrated developer plus 4.5 litres of water = the correct working mix of solution.

Note that you don't have to mix it all at once :)

EDIT: beaten to it.

I've also got some AGFA FIX - Ag fixer > I would like about 1litre of solution but but confused with the instructions. The lowest amount written is:

5litres of water + 1 litre FIX Ag = 6 litres working solution rapid fixing bath for film

I've also got some AGFA FIX - Ag fixer > I would like about 1litre of solution but but confused with the instructions. The lowest amount written is:

5litres of water + 1 litre FIX Ag = 6 litres working solution rapid fixing bath for film

so it's 5+1. Divide 1000 by 6 = 167ml (close enough) of FIX, topped up to 1 litre with water.

:meerkat: Simples...

as to the original post ,,,depending what tank you are using ,my paterson tank needs 10fluid ounces to cover one film ,,,therefore one oz of developer mixed with nine oz of water ,,gives a ratio of 9 to 1 and enough to cover one film in the tank.

donutagain

Most people would buy & measure chemicals in litres as it makes it so much easier to understand, The standard Patterson 4 tank needs 290ml if i remember right for 35mm film, so most would round it up to 300ml = 270ml water + 30ml Dev Job done

Regards Toonie

Back