Help! lightroom says not enough memory to export

Cris_L

Take That's Biggest Fan
Name
Cris
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm really new to lightroom but I had worked out that after editing an image in the develop module that you then go to file, export to convert the image to jpg in your selected folder. (please correct me if this is wrong)

However after spending a good while editing a picture I have pressed export and its said not enough memory to export.

My computer is an intel quad core, 4gb ram, 500gb hard disk so I'm surprised I'm getting this message. can anyone help?

sorry for asking an obvious question, but, have you checked how much free space you have on your hard drive?

too many pictures open?
something else running?
enought space on all drives (might be using c: for temp files, d: for pictures)

Try coming out of the DEVELOP mode and back into library mode.
Right click image and export should be no problem.

cheers, not sure what sorted it but its working.

there are about 15 pictures in the catalogue, is it normal to have past projects in there?

What version of lightroom are you running? I remember I use to get this message all the time in version 1 but not since version 2. Usually just exiting the program and then restarting it will fix the problem, but in the worst case just rebooting your computer. Also if helps if you don't have photoshop running at the same time.

The size of your library is not an issue and you can have many sessions or projects in there at once. To give you an idea, the smallest Library I work with has 10,000+ photos in in, and the largest (my main library that work with daily) has well over 100,000 photos in it. I have a computer similar to yours and I never have that message (I use Lightroom version 3).

I use lightroom 3 too. Strange. I've been practicing skin smoothing so had Been using the brush a lot but other than that I've no idea why it happened

quite a lot if issues with performance of Lightroom 3 on the web (and I'm experiencing them too since upgrading from 2.6) but one thing I've noticed in things I've read are associated with temp files and brushes so, you closing and reopening may have cleared down whatever was eating your memory/disk.

Back