Help me clear closing down stock? All free to personal callers.

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
No
(Hoping its OK to post this here)

For those of you that know me (my name is Trevor), I used to run an eBay shop called CotswoldPhoto. Due to a massive heart attack a few weeks ago I had to close it all down. In my house (piled all over the place) are boxes of umbrellas, stands, cables, studio flashes, Bowens fit umbrella boxes. Thousands of items, worth many thousands of pounds.

If you can carry it (I can't), you can have it. Any small contribution you may want to make to my (unexpected) early retirement fund would be gratefully received, but in no way expected. My wife just wants it all gone, pronto.

All sorts of shapes and sizes Bowens fit umbrella boxes
42"/64"/85" inch umbrellas in White, Black/Silver and Black/White (no 85" in this last size).
24" flash softboxes,
Umbrella stand brackets
Bowens adapter stand brackets
1000W studio lights, bulbs (including the expensive flash bulbs)
Cables (including standard but long UK mains cables).
3m air cushioned reflex stands

There is probably more.

Location, 10 minutes off J13/14/15 of the M40.

I am (obviously) in for most of the time, but arrange your visit with me. Not sure if I can post my mobile number here?

Sorry to hear of your changed circumstances Trevor, like some others here I can testify that there is life after a heart attack, so I wish you well in your recovery. I would advise against posting your mobile number, encourage exchange of details via PM.

Hi,

Sorry to hear.
I will take it all if that’s ok with you and give you a little something toward your retirement.

Sorry to hear this Trevor - I have bought from your eBay shop several times. PM sent.

I'm also sorry to hear of your health scare. You'll obviously know more of the implications than us but I'd say don't clear out your gear in haste - I know a cop that's had several heart attacks and he's in the firearms team, lots of fitness training involved and he still gets stuck in. Best wishes for a speedy recovery

Sorry to hear about your health.
I hope you can make a full recovery and have a long and happy future:)(y)

Sorry to hear this trev , I had a massive heart attack last year ,rushed in stent fitted etc not good at 73 but I went to cardio rehab (gym) and am now getting about again with downsized equipment (Olympus) take your time I know only to well what your goin* through mentally but rest assured if you have survived it take it as a warning ,change your lifestyle ( I lost 2 stone) take things easy but not to easy your heart needs to be pushed at times ,don’t forget to use your GTN spray if you get out of breath .if you need advice p.m me

No use to me in my line of work BUT just to add.. right decision :) .. too many people carry on regardless....

Sorry to hear this trev , I had a massive heart attack last year ,rushed in stent fitted etc not good at 73 but I went to cardio rehab (gym) and am now getting about again with downsized equipment (Olympus) take your time I know only to well what your goin* through mentally but rest assured if you have survived it take it as a warning ,change your lifestyle ( I lost 2 stone) take things easy but not to easy your heart needs to be pushed at times ,don’t forget to use your GTN spray if you get out of breath .if you need advice p.m me

I have lost 2 and a half stone in just 5 weeks!! Just change of diet (not dieting). Shocking how loose my clothes are. I am doing rehab as well (going there in an hour). But, the doc said whilst weight was a factor, stress was the main thing. Closing the business was the only option. I can't (for now) carry my big bag full of gear either, nor hike off to get those sunset shots.

Life looks very different right now. A heck of a kick in the backside.

Faced with either giving up or finding a work around I sold all my heavy gear and bought a Olympus omd1-mkii coupled with a pl 100-400 lens it weighs in at 1.4 kg and works well .worth looking into the system

Sorry to hear about your H.A. Trevor.
Cutting out just cheese and crisps has enabled me to lose quite a bit lately.

Sorry to hear about your H.A. Trevor.
Cutting out just cheese and crisps has enabled me to lose quite a bit lately.

To be honest, what I was eating was pretty over the top and bad for you, but my cholesterol level was normal. Junk food, sweets, crisps, cakes, and so on. But, my main focus here is to clear the house of this stock, before my wife finishes the job my heart attack started.

Lets look on the bright side, you survived the heart attack so that has to be a good thing. Just stick with any medical advice and don't try and do too much to soon. Wishing you the best for the future.
I too lost a lot of weight due to a different medical condition and longish spell in hospital which I was told afterwards that they informed my wife to expect the you know what. I survived and now every day is a blessing and making the most of it.

Last edited:
I have been to your place Trevor, and bought a few things. A real Aladdin's Cave as I recall - just my kinda place, and I've mentioned Cotswold Photo on here a few times as a supplier of some less common accessories.

Just to wish you well and a speedy recovery (y)

I have been to your place Trevor, and bought a few things. A real Aladdin's Cave as I recall - just my kinda place, and I've mentioned Cotswold Photo on here a few times as a supplier of some less common accessories.

Just to wish you well and a speedy recovery (y)

Thanks.

Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about your ill health. Best of luck with the recovery.

I've purchased from you previously, and can't believe its been nigh on a decade since.

I think I'm heading in the same direction. Did you see it coming? What would you tell yourself if you could go back a few months? Edit - sorry, I see from earlier post, diet.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, sorry to hear about your ill health. Best of luck with the recovery.

I've purchased from you previously, and can't believe its been nigh on a decade since.

I think I'm heading in the same direction. Did you see it coming? What would you tell yourself if you could go back a few months?

No idea what I would say to myself. I have made some dubious choices in the past, even recent past. Eating too much, eating the wrong stuff. Would I change the past? No.

For what it's worth I had an attack several years ago though I didn't know about it, I had one artery totally blocked and a couple of others not that good, result 5 stents.. You may feel like poo now but you will start to recover and feel better, if you are still considering doing this and offloading your stock, have you not considered using your eBay account and selling in bulk as you may then attract sales to those who were doing similar to you, or contacting someone like MPB or LCE and offloading in bulk to them, don't sell yourself short and you never know you might get a decent price. You may find it worth giving it a month or so and see how your health goes before you make that decision, either way my heart ( pun intended ) goes out to you, stay strong and enjoy every day. There are various camera stores online buy and sell used and new, I would imagine a chance of stock may well be welcomed.

Last edited:
Back