Help me pick a Woodpecker

Name
Mark Molloy
Edit My Images
Yes
Im doing a photobook for myself since i got a few book vouchers and would like to add just 1 woodpecker pic to the book from this year. I have 4 pics that i like and just cant decide on which one i like as they all have something i like about them.Which ever one gets the most votes/thumbs up i will put in the book. No need for crit as i think i may have posted most of these pics on the forum at an earlier date.
No.1
DSC_3228.jpg

No.2
DSC_3100.jpg

No.3
DSC_3293.jpg

No.4
DSC_3561.jpg

Last edited:
All Juveniles. I think I'd go for No3 Mark for the eye contact and the fact that it's a typical woody pose on a tree trunk. I'd just crop on the right and get rid of about 2/3 of that trunk?

I would say it is a choice between No2 and No3 because the bird's pose is what we come to expect of a woodpecker.
I'd opt for No2. I think the thin perch makes the bird almost the entire focus of attention.

Last edited:
#2 for me Mark.

It's clearly #4 and everybody has got it wrong:

#1 is too bright
#2 has a distracting background
#3 the bird looks dirty and that streak of turd is distracting.

It's clearly #4 and everybody has got it wrong:

#3 the bird looks dirty and that streak of turd is distracting.

Actually it does look dirty - the colour and levels are really stilted...

Quick edit...

4823483457_c1aa6312a2_o.jpg

It actually looks even duller in my editor which usually means that the colour balance is set wrongly. If Mark checks his camera and image editor ( including raw editor) he'll probably find that he has Adobe RGB set somewhere rather than sRGB which means he's seeing different colour to the rest of us.

Actually it does look dirty - the colour and levels are really stilted...

Quick edit...

4823483457_c1aa6312a2_o.jpg

It actually looks even duller in my editor which usually means that the colour balance is set wrongly. If Mark checks his camera and image editor ( including raw editor) he'll probably find that he has Adobe RGB set somewhere rather than sRGB which means he's seeing different colour to the rest of us.

Yip you are coreect i do have it set to Adobe.....:bang:

Back