Help me spend my Jessops vouchers

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Right, I got a £50 voucher card and another which I don't know the amount, but am guessing it's at least £10. The problem with them is that I can't shop online with them, and will have to take them in store to use, and check the balance on the mystery card. Not a simple job for me, and in fact I can't go in store myself. I will have to send the hubby up for me.

So what do I get? I have a 40D, a tripod, a remote switch, an 18-55mm kit lens and a Sigma 70-300mm. I have enough memory and battery supplies for the moment, so I don't really want any more of those. I was going to get a nifty fifty, but don't think I have enough, so that's out, plus there is no stock.

I could do with an ND Grad filter, but would need the holder and lens attachment to go with. I would also like one of those large eye cup things for the view finder. Or perhaps an nice bag (not bothered about the make, so long as it's a largish shoulder bag and not a backpack), but I don't really want to spend the whole lot on a bag. I am open to all other suggestions though!

I only have the vouchers to use (£60 -£70), no spare cash to put towards anything, and I don't want to save the vouchers to put towards anything at a later date, because quite frankly, I need a treat to cheer me up.

So go shopping at Jessops for me :D Please check if your idea is in stock at the Boston store be suggesting, or perhaps Kings Lynn at a push.

Thanks in advance! :confused:

Jo
xxx

You might be able to get the nifty fifty for £60, as that's pretty much the going rate on-line. I've always found Jessops happy to price match, or be open to negation . For that kind of money, the 50mm would certainly add the most creative tool to your kit in my opinion!

Edit - Filters are a good way forward also!

You might be able to get the nifty fifty for £60, as that's pretty much the going rate on-line. I've always found Jessops happy to price match, or be open to negation . For that kind of money, the 50mm would certainly add the most creative tool to your kit in my opinion!

Edit - Filters are a good way forward also!

Our local Jessops refuse to price match online store prices or any other store, unless it's local. Guess what? there are no other local stores :LOL: They also have no stock of the 50mm and refuse to order me one in unless I pay up front for it ... but they now tell me there are none in stock in the warehouse either, so they can't get one in until new stock arrives there. I really don't want to wait for that, I need to treat myself now damn it :bang:

JDholic ~ Yeah I saw those prices, but wasn't sure if there was another cheaper brand to be had, that was called something other than an ND Grad, but essentially did the same thing.

Ice Cream with chocolate sauce Jo!!!!

You would maybe be better off be-friending one of your local Jessops employees, that's what I did!!!

Really though I have a good mate that works in my local branch and he always gives me the heads up on good discounts.

could always sell them at a lower cost and buy something you want

Our local Jessops refuse to price match online store prices or any other store, unless it's local. Guess what? there are no other local stores :LOL: They also have no stock of the 50mm and refuse to order me one in unless I pay up front for it ... but they now tell me there are none in stock in the warehouse either, so they can't get one in until new stock arrives there. I really don't want to wait for that, I need to treat myself now damn it :bang:

JDholic ~ Yeah I saw those prices, but wasn't sure if there was another cheaper brand to be had, that was called something other than an ND Grad, but essentially did the same thing.

Hi Jo

I imagine you should be able to buy online and then do collect instore...they do take credit / debit card details for authorisation but you don't actually pay until you collect the goods. That way you can get the online prices (and don't forget to do a search for discount vouchers too!) and hopefully use your vouchers?

Just a guess - so i would check by phone first

Anna

Thanks everyone for your idea's. I think I'll sell them instead. At least I can get something with the funds, and it won't be as restricted that way :)

Off to the for sale section I go....

Thanks everyone for your idea's. I think I'll sell them instead. At least I can get something with the funds, and it won't be as restricted that way :)

Off to the for sale section I go....

finally posted a good idea ;-) lol

Back