Help me understand Huey Pro

Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought Pantone Huey Pro this afternoon, installed and calibrated monitor, took a few pics then printed them off , I'm happy now that the photo I see on the screen will be the one I print as I could'nt see much difference between them. Thats that bit sorted, should have done this years ago.

I'm probably being a idiot here, Anyways what I'm not sure of is the rest of my computer, colours have definitely change ie; on TP the the blue is a lot paler than what I used to have, the title bars were always deep blue, they are now a good bit paler and appear to have a gradient from top to bottom. This dialogue box im typing in that holds the icons and smilies in is now a beige colour, If I change huey to the uncorrected setting it's all blue again.
Huey when finished calibrating gave me 3 different colour temps and gamma to choose from but I can only use one as other two are too cool and make reading the txt difficult.

Is this about normal for a calibrated monitor or have I screwed up?

I think the the first thing is to say " Don't panic."

On my calibrated system the tittle bars are blue but not solid

Whats happened is your monitor is now using the profile you made for it and as you say the screen to print match is fine. What you are seeing is possibly how the web site should have looked all along, or at least something like it.

Setting up the Huey I would suggest you use a Colour Temp of 6500K and a gamma of 2.2. Unless when you calibrated the screen to get a good print match you used something else.In which case go back to that.

Just one word of caution. You may see differences in web pages now. That may be because the browser you are using is not colour managed. Also the posters may also not be using a colour manged work flow Don't worry about it just be aware of it.

Yep, now you're calibrated it gives you some idea of how far out your monitor was before.

The good news is it doesn't take long to get used to it and from now on your images will look (almost) the same on any other calibrated display.

The bad news is all your old shots will look wrong now and need fixing :(

I just bought a Huey too (not the pro model though) I can't wait to try it.

Thanks folks, Chappers I have the gamma set at 2.20 nad colour temp D50
If up it to 65 then it turns everything a cool blue, D50 is a bit warmer to look at, perhaps needing calibrating again.

Pxl8, never thought about the bad news m8, will need to give the old pics serious thought about doing them all again:puke:

Not tried it on the laptop yet, thats less than a month old compared to my 2/3 yr old monitor, be interesting to see that.

D65 should be the one to use for normal printing either at home or a lab. As I said, it can be a bit of a shock just how far out things were but it's important to remeber that you have to adjust not the display. You've set your screen up to comply with a standard and if the images look cold you should change them, not the display.

Back