Help me value my Mac Book Pro

Edit My Images
No
Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place for this but I'm hoping someone can help. I'll start by saying I have trawled ebay and t'internets before I posted this but haven't found an answer (mainly because everyone seems to be selling immaculate laptops with not a scratch on them ;)).

I have a 3 year old 17" Macbook pro 2.33ghz Core 2 Duo with 3Gb Ram and 150GB HD running OSX Leopard. It's in full working order but has been my day to day workhorse so isn't exactly in pristine order. Has a few dings and dents to the metal body and a small chip in the screen (matte version). It has two batteries (both bought this year) which can be hotswopped and I have a virtually brand new Griffgear shade all the way from Australia which is the industry standard for pro sports togs.

Reason for thinking of selling is the 17" is a bit of a pain to lug round and now Mac have brought out the 13" MBP I reckon thats the one for me.

So the question is.. how much is it worth? Would anyone actually want it?

DSC_6462-1.jpg

DSC_6461-1.jpg

DSC_6464.jpg

DSC_6469.jpg

I have the exact same model - and kickass they are too!
I watched a few sell for between 650 and £800 +pnp on fleabay. The ding in the screen is going to devalue it a bit. But its still a lot of laptop for £650!
So preddy and powerful!

Thanks mate, wasn't expecting that much! So you reckon at £600 someone would have it?

The MBP is bloody great and I'll miss the matte screen, the new glossy is supposed to be pretty horrible in bright light but my back will thank me for it :)

Someone will schnap it up for that price!!
OO dont suppose you are selling the sunlight screen? Or any other accessories you could tempt me with??

Only if I decide to sell the MBP :)

If you want one you can get them direct from Rob at Griffgear.. Linky

They take a while to come as Rob makes them all by hand to order then ships them from OZ but they are the daddy for outside use..

:) Thanks dude.
Lemmie know as and when you decide to sell it! (y)

How do you find the screen on the MBP13"?

Much better than I expected, I haven't used it at pitchside yet so can't give you too much info but it really does seem quite big.

I've heard loads of bad things about the glossy screen in the new MBP's but I'll be getting a decent shade for it so shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It's first test will Lords on Monday for the Rakistan Royals then into the Ashes for the rest of the summer ;) I'll try and report on how I'm finding it whilst using it in anger.

If it wasn't for the chip in the screen, I think you'd be missing a hand by now (and I'd be chewing it!) :shake:

Anyway, you're a git if you are covering the Ashes! :shake::shake:

:LOL:

wow, i sold mine 2 years ago for 450 well 350 plus a sat nav, was naive of me i guess as i had no idea of the value

I'd say £600 is a good price, some PC World stores still have the last 'old style' 17" MBP's in stock, and they are priced at £1347 for the 2.4GHz C2D.

Back