Help! My Red Snapper Tripod is Broken

Edit My Images
Yes
I was trying to extend one of the legs and the grip was very tight. as I 'loosened' it I found the lower leg was still tight but the grip section appeared to unscrew. Eventually it came away and the legs came apart. White plastic rings fell out and it appears some of them might be damaged. How can I get this fixed?

I've got an image here which might help to show my predicament.

PA260015.JPG

might just need reassembling, mine did that when I over loosened the clamp. If not have a word with Joe - am sure he will help.

Yeah that's the problem ... I've no idea which order the bits came out in ... and it looks like some of the plastic bits have been damaged.

I put mine back together, just have a play or ring joe.

I would say they are not damaged the split rings are so it will get lose and tight the two half bit will go one each side and the rings will go top and bottom of this hard to say the order look at photo

I would pretty much agree with this, but as already said, talk to Joe 'redsnapper' on here and get some advice.

If you look at the bottom of the image I have a thin shard of plastic which appears to come from a collar (adjacent in the image).

I'll try joe thanks peeps!

I was trying to extend one of the legs and the grip was very tight. as I 'loosened' it I found the lower leg was still tight but the grip section appeared to unscrew. Eventually it came away and the legs came apart. White plastic rings fell out and it appears some of them might be damaged. How can I get this fixed?

I've got an image here which might help to show my predicament.

PA260015.JPG
Give Joe a shout, Mine did it last year and managed to put it back together again (unlike Humpty Dumpty) LoL
Joe will sort it he's a great guy to deal with

Take one of the other legs to bits to work out how it goes back together !

Joe sorted me out! He sent me a pic which easily showed the order and orientation to slot the rings on.

Thanks all for your help and replies!

K

On a related note, I have a Redsnapper ballhead. It is a wee bit loose on its mounting, not on the part that screws into the tripod but just above it, where it pivots on the ring marked with the degrees. It's like something has worked loose, is there a way of tightening things up?

Joe sorted me out! He sent me a pic which easily showed the order and orientation to slot the rings on.

Thanks all for your help and replies!

K
New he'd sort it!
Wish Benbo were as helpful! I wanted a replacement part for my Trekker tripod and sent many emails/phone calls and recieved no reply or help (contacted Pattersons) this was last year so I replaced it with a Gitzo and a redsnapper and the redsnapper gets used the most.

Back