Help needed if possible..

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
i am running ps7

hi guys i have about 70 pictures i would like to resize for web they are all in a folder

:thinking:

is it possible to resize the whole folder in one go or would i have to make a action and run them all through that..:shrug:

thanks in advance

md:shrug:

If you're using were using cs3 (or 2 I think) you could create a droplet - they're so simple even I created one!

For those using cs3 that don't know about them you create an action to perform the task on one file and then follow the instrutions to turn it into a standalone executable.

I set one up ages ago and it sits on my desktop, I now drag files or folders over the icon and it does all the work.

From memory you don't save the result but save as and it leaves your original files untouched.

I need to set this up on my new laptop so I'll have a play and see if I can recreate one.

Sorry if this isn't much use to you - I'm going to see how standalone they are....

check for File>scripts>image processor as well, really handy, not sure if PS7 has it though

i have a little freeware prog that resizes jpg's for you.

great for uploads to web or email

if you want a copy pm me your email address

if you've created an action you can then use the automate function and point it to the relevant folder. I've done this and just ensure portraits and landscapes are in different folders... works a treat...

No, i dont think you can in PS7.

Irfanview, a freebie program, is capable of taking a selected group of images, converting them to numerous other formats and resizing them, with options to carry out a number of other transformations also, and saving them to any location you choose.

I used to use PhotoShops web album creator.. not sure if it still exists or works any better than the above suggestions but it's just another suggestion into the pot.

It creates a web page gallery of images from a source directory and allows you to rescale the images (as well as creating thumbnails and html pages). Then you can just grab the output folder of the resized images and ditch the other files.

thanks for all the comments guys..

md(y)

i am running ps7

hi guys i have about 70 pictures i would like to resize for web they are all in a folder

:thinking:

is it possible to resize the whole folder in one go or would i have to make a action and run them all through that..:shrug:

thanks in advance

md:shrug:

does 7 have an 'automate action' option [its in the file menu in later versions]? I cant remember.... if it does, you can run the resize action on an entire folder at once... :shrug:

does 7 have an 'automate action' option [its in the file menu in later versions]? I cant remember.... if it does, you can run the resize action on an entire folder at once... :shrug:

yes (y)

i should be able to do it after a bit of fiddling.

md(y)

if you've created an action you can then use the automate function and point it to the relevant folder. I've done this and just ensure portraits and landscapes are in different folders... works a treat...

Just a quick note on that if you use fit image it doesnt matter if its portrait or landscape it will resize to the pixel constaints which you set. not sure if PS7 has that function though.

Wayne

Back