Help needed in selecting macro lens

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
Hi all being a very new DSLR camera owner with a Nikon D5500 I am interested in purchasing my first macro lens , the options are Sigma 105mm f2.8 or Nikor 105mm f2.8 the dilemma is the Sigma is considerably cheaper by £300 I know the Nikon is probably better quality constructed but is it that much difference in the final pictures.

Hi silver tortoise, when I had A nikon D7100 I had the sigma 105 f2.8 and found it a wonderful lens you can also buy a reversing ring for it and the you turn the lens around for extra macro but you are limited to manual control with the ring. I no longer have a nikon system for medical reasons the weight became to much for my disability so now have gone into the much lighter world of micro four thirds good luck and look forward to seeing some of your work

Would`nt this be better posted in either Equipment or Macro Sections?

Hi all being a very new DSLR camera owner with a Nikon D5500 I am interested in purchasing my first macro lens , the options are Sigma 105mm f2.8 or Nikor 105mm f2.8 the dilemma is the Sigma is considerably cheaper by £300 I know the Nikon is probably better quality constructed but is it that much difference in the final pictures.

Pete

You'd be better off posting this in the equipment section on here - you're more likely to get more responses in there :)

Just to lob another option in - the Tamron 90mm f/2.8 is another very good option. Not quite as long as the 105mm ones but a very good performer. Very little difference between the final result from the 3 lenses mentioned but considerable savings can be made by buying 2nd hand.

Back