digitalfailure

Staff Bog Cleaner 2015
Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
I need an email address for a customer service enquiry

The story so far...................

I was walking through the town centre the other week, when I decided to buy a nice new lens for my 20d to wear.
I'd been looking for a macro lens and also a length to fill the gap between my 17-40L and the 75-300IS so the Ef-s 60mm macro looked to be a contender.

So off I went inside to buy one, I know I should have looked around the net more but it was priced at 20 quid less than that of 7dayshop.

I gave it no more thought untill I was shuffling through the pages of Digital Photo magazine tonight, where on a nice 2 page advert it's priced at 282!!!!

Thats £37 cheaper.

The magazine was published on 15/8/05
I bought the lens from them on 21/8/05

The website still says £319 though :nut:

Now the receipt says 30 day refund or exchange as long as it's un used, I've only evaluated it for about 30 images, and the advert says that they won't be beaten on price!

Has anyone had experience getting jessops to do the right thing and give me the difference back, or should i just take it back and rebuy it with the advert in hand?

Thoughts?

Take the advert in to them and ask for a refund of the difference saying you think they overcharged you.

take it back with advert and receipt, they should then play the game. if they dont, then demand refund, then rebuy!

Digital Photo? Not in that issue, though the erroneos 3rd place in the league table is....

I'm only working 1/2 day tomorrow, so i might get time to call into the branch late on in the afternoon.

mat, yup thats the mag, i only bought it to see if your images were in it again

:coat:

Warehouse express are selling it for £282

digitalfailure said:
I need an email address for a customer service enquiry

The story so far...................

I was walking through the town centre the other week, when I decided to buy a nice new lens for my 20d to wear.
I'd been looking for a macro lens and also a length to fill the gap between my 17-40L and the 75-300IS so the Ef-s 60mm macro looked to be a contender.

So off I went inside to buy one, I know I should have looked around the net more but it was priced at 20 quid less than that of 7dayshop.

I gave it no more thought untill I was shuffling through the pages of Digital Photo magazine tonight, where on a nice 2 page advert it's priced at 282!!!!

Thats £37 cheaper.

The magazine was published on 15/8/05
I bought the lens from them on 21/8/05

The website still says £319 though :nut:

Now the receipt says 30 day refund or exchange as long as it's un used, I've only evaluated it for about 30 images, and the advert says that they won't be beaten on price!

Has anyone had experience getting jessops to do the right thing and give me the difference back, or should i just take it back and rebuy it with the advert in hand?

Thoughts?

I got my EF-S 60 from Jessops (Cardiff) they gave me a price of £282. I found it on the net for £279 and got them to price match it.

Thanks for the replies guys

I tried calling the 0845 number printed on the till receipt in the hope of talking to someone before I made a special journey down there, Unfortunatley that number is as much use as a chocolate teapot
hehe.gif
as it offers 4 choices and no matter which option you select your given the same 4 choices again.

So, off I went into town armed with the lens, receipt and a copy of digital photo magazine and announced to the assistant manager at the branch that I suspected i'd been overcharged by £37.

He looked stunned and asked for details, so after 5 minutes of telling me that the advertised price was only valid if I bought a 350d or 20d with it, and then that If I'd have bought one of those bodies I'd get the difference back from canon,
Nice try but the maths didn't add up
hehe.gif

So then he stated that the advert was minus VAT... to which I said
nono.gif
the small print on the advert says includes VAT and also that even with the tax added it didn't add up to what I'd paid.

He looked long and hard at the advert which was published 7 days before I bought the lens, so I mentioned to him that warehouse express were also priced at 282.

At that his tone changed and he smiled at me and said Ok i'll refund and resell at that price, so all is well now and i'm 37 quid better off .

I'm off to the RAF museum at hendon tomorrow, so i'll be hoping to put this glass to good use
smile.gif

Good work chap. The customer is always right! (unless they come into my filling station and try it on, then they get told to f off and buy their petrol somewhere more expensive!)

gandhi said:
Good work chap. The customer is always right! (unless they come into my filling station and try it on, then they get told to f off and buy their petrol somewhere more expensive!)

Ooooooh, you have a filling station.............. :banana:

Who's up for a huge discount petrol group buy :woot: :woot: :woot:
20p a litre sounds good to me.

i second digitlfailures motion!

well done Stumps, i bet a lot of silent staring between you and assitant manager took place...

I would have took the refund and said "Thanks, but I think I'll get it from WarehouseExpress".

Or "Eerrm, that's second hand, I'd like a new one please".

digitalfailure said:
Thanks for the replies guys

I tried calling the 0845 number printed on the till receipt in the hope of talking to someone before I made a special journey down there, Unfortunatley that number is as much use as a chocolate teapot
hehe.gif
as it offers 4 choices and no matter which option you select your given the same 4 choices again.

So, off I went into town armed with the lens, receipt and a copy of digital photo magazine and announced to the assistant manager at the branch that I suspected i'd been overcharged by £37.

He looked stunned and asked for details, so after 5 minutes of telling me that the advertised price was only valid if I bought a 350d or 20d with it, and then that If I'd have bought one of those bodies I'd get the difference back from canon,
Nice try but the maths didn't add up
hehe.gif

So then he stated that the advert was minus VAT... to which I said
nono.gif
the small print on the advert says includes VAT and also that even with the tax added it didn't add up to what I'd paid.

He looked long and hard at the advert which was published 7 days before I bought the lens, so I mentioned to him that warehouse express were also priced at 282.

At that his tone changed and he smiled at me and said Ok i'll refund and resell at that price, so all is well now and i'm 37 quid better off .

I'm off to the RAF museum at hendon tomorrow, so i'll be hoping to put this glass to good use
smile.gif

Nice one. :thumb: I think you'll be pleased with the lens, it's nice and sharp. Makes a good portrait lens to.

the lens is indeed nice and sharp,and no doubt it can produce some great images.

on the other hand though, the 20D it's going to be connected to is controlled by me, and is open to bouts of cr@pness :(

digitalfailure said:
the lens is indeed nice and sharp,and no doubt it can produce some great images.

on the other hand though, the 20D it's going to be connected to is controlled by me, and is open to bouts of cr@pness :(

Every chain has its weak links :D

Back