help needed: printing @ home wedding invitation inserts

Edit My Images
No
inserts are 240mm x 115mm (i think, will check)

i have no publisher package, so trying on word.

so i've managed to print off two boxes, the size i want with writing in it, on a normal home inkjet HP printer on A4 paper, just where I want it etc.

So i then line up the actual paper size, the print misses half of it off.

any help appreciated on setting up word or the printer.
or anywhere in Bristol.
thanks

No expert on Word but... have you set the custom paper size on the file menu> page setup before you did the text etc.?

yep tried that.
have done it on custom word page to suit paper size, but trial makes it print on a4 down the middle and if i put the correct size in, it misses bits off, even when i change the custom printer preferences

If print preview in word looks right but it does not print the same as the preview then I'm stumped. Only other thought it to try setting it up as a large label (on the tools menu I think) as labels are pretty size critical.

Failing that have a look for some freeware for creating invitations - bound to be something out there.

edit. One last (unlikely) thought - not some clever printer with a paper size sensor changing the print position? tried cutting the A4 to size first?

I print everything on A4, get as many as I can on one page and then cut to size on fancy chopping thingy, (can't spell guillotine?) :shake:

thanks for the input

i was feeling really dumb, so the two sided grids came out on a4. i cut to size and re print and it missed half of it, so a friend suggested shifting the boxes the other way. doh!

thanks anyway.

but printing on tracing type paper, and still not bad.

Back