Help needed...SB800

Name
Vicky
Edit My Images
Yes
I have recently purchased a Nikon SB800. I used it once at my partners brothers 2nd wedding party. The results seem good but still unsure as to whether I am using it correctly.

My question is does anyone know of any online tutorials? I am not good with reading manuals...or reading full stop... I need to see it to understand.

I have had a play with some of the settings but know it will take time before I understand it thoroughly.

I have been asked to photograph a local band at a gig they are holding in a local pub mid August so I need to familarise myself before then and learn which settings to use in certain conditions.

I will post some photos that I recently took this evening so you can advise if I am on the right path! Im new to flash photog you see!

any advise appreciated!

have a look on here, I have picked up hundreds of tips, Im sure someone will have the info for you
cas

i do a bit of band photography and i try to stay away from using flash it kinda kills the feeling of the pictures. Use a nifty 50 and dont be afraid to shove your way through the crowd to get some good shots :)

Thanks to all! I have a nifty fifty fab, I suppose with too harsh flash you don't capture the atmosphere/mood they aint a fresh boy band thats for sure!

Will start checkin out those links! I have more than enough to be checkin out! Thanks!

Back