Help needed

Name
Glenn
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey guys.
After seeing alot of pics of kingfishers lately i am really feeling the need to go and and photograph some.
Ive always wanted to photograph them however i have no idea where would be a good place to go (location) if any of you could point me to a good place it would be appretiated.
I live just on the outskirts of stirling however will travel a little way.

I've been feeling the same.Spoke to a friend of mine who i think is pretty knowledgeable and she said learn their call first (which you can get on you tube probably) I heard it down at our local river on a walk with her. At this time of year they favour ox-bow lake type areas to train the young to fish.
That's what I've learnt recently...hope it helps

Generally speaking it doesn't seem to be a good year for seeing Kingfishers so far, it seems the hard winter has depleted their numbers quite a bit in most areas. You can spend days looking along river banks and canals trying to see Kingfishers, and you need lots of time to do it with no guarantee of success anyway.

You best bet is to Google reserves within striking distance for you and concentrate on ones which have Kingfishers. Be prepared to put in lots of time and lots of visits!

Back