Help or tuition wanted - Sony related

Name
DAVE
Edit My Images
No
So I have just got myself an upgrade from my Sony Alpha 3000 to a Alpha 6500. This is obviously a significant upgrade for me and wondered if there are any fellow Sony users in the Midlands area who could spare me an hour or two to help familiarise myself with the menu and extra features. I obviously don't expect this to be a free session so am prepared to pay for the time, within reason and am prepared to travel to you.
Any offers would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for the time to read this.

Oh, just in case it's relevant, I'm based near Stafford.

Even if you find someone it is worth getting a dedicated book for that camera, I just looked and there are many. With such a complex camera you forget things anyway and need to look it up from time to time.

Thoroughly recommend the e-books by Gary Friedman.
They go through all the settings, explaining what they do, and, equally importantly, when you might want to use them.
There are also suggested custom button / menu assignments, which make a good starting point.

Link to the A6500 version

http://www.friedmanarchives.com/a6500/index.htm

(I have them for the A200, A700, A900 and A6000, all good)

Thanks very much for the info. Much appreciated. I'll give them a look up later.

Re: Battery.

Sounds like advice from someone who's never used an A6xxx camera 'for real'.

If you just have a single battery, sooner or later it will run out before the day is up!

Amazon has pleanty of options for a charger + 2 spare batteries - this will give you 3 batteries - I've only gone through 2 batteries once, so 3 is pleanty, and also give you a charged spare for when you forget to recharge them in the evening!
The charger will aso charge the batteries much quicker than in camera.

Re: Battery.

Sounds like advice from someone who's never used an A6xxx camera 'for real'.

If you just have a single battery, sooner or later it will run out before the day is up!

Amazon has pleanty of options for a charger + 2 spare batteries - this will give you 3 batteries - I've only gone through 2 batteries once, so 3 is pleanty, and also give you a charged spare for when you forget to recharge them in the evening!
The charger will aso charge the batteries much quicker than in camera.

Re: After market batteries.

The Uk government fire safety laws, procedures and general competence has just been proven to be a joke so buy wisely.

Re: After market batteries.

The Uk government fire safety laws, procedures and general competence has just been proven to be a joke so buy wisely.

Fortunately Lithium batteries are not made from exterior cladding, so the recent tragedies have nothing to do with them.

As with any 3rd party item, use a brand you feel comfortable with - either by personal experience, recommendation from someone you trust, or sufficient number of positive reviews (with sufficiently small number of negative reviews).

Gents, thank you so much for your input. Going to have a watch of the video clip now.

I watched the video clip last night, great, thanks for that. Very informative and useful indeed.

Back