help please advise on minolta-sony a mount teleconverter

Name
gary
Edit My Images
No
can i get some feedback on peoples opinions on tele-converters please, I want I think to get a 1.4x to extend my old but really good Minolta 80-200 f2.8, what are the plus points and minus point on converters etc thankyou

+ Greater reach than original lens
- Reduces image quality
- Reduces available light to the sensor

thanks for that, I am hoping people might suggest what to look for spec wise regards gary

I'm not familiar with Minolta ... may I suggest you alter your title to include Minolta?
Title can be altered using the Thread Tools link to the right, above your 1st post :)

The only one I can currently find in Sony/Minolta fit is the Kenko Teleplus DGX MC4 which is their cheaper converter. My personal opinion is that, given the disadvantages of using a teleconverter, you'd be better off cropping a bit more than using one of these.

I have to agree with gramps that a thread title of 'help please' is no help at all.

with that lens you need a generic one im fairly sure, its annoying incompatible with minolta and sony ones.

the kenko 300 dg 1.4 is the best one in your case, and opticaly equal with anything else pretty much

thanks guys info has backed up what I had thought and read elsewhere, its seem that us sony users or very thin on the ground on most sites

hi update I did buy a 2x kenko dg converter and it works and reports all info correct on all my lenses that are not hsm or ssm motors so far tested:banana:

Back