**HELP PLEASE** Best Lens for WHF Visit

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,
I have unexpectedly been given the chance to visit the WHF in Kent next Sun and so I am hoping I can get some advice from fellow TP'ers who have already had the chance to visit.
I am using a D300 and have the following lenses:

Nikon AF-S DX VR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED

Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 APO DG Macro

Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.4 G

Sigma 100-300 f/4 APO DG (new addition)

I am hoping to cut down to just my 18-200mm .... but would like some opinions from those with some knowledge of the site? Can anyone help?
Thanks in anticipation.
Paul (y)

I would have cried if I had only taken my 300mm with me, so I'd suggest only using the 70-200 range of your lens.

There were times where many of us were changing our 70-200s for 17-50 for example, because the cats are so close!

HTH

Have a great time.

Whe I went down 2years ago, I only took my 18-200mm. As squizza says you can get really close to the cats and I found it dealt with most situations very well. I could have done with a longer lens at times, but was pleased with the shots I got. If it's of any help, you're not rushed for time-You can wander around fairly freely, so if you needed to change lenses you could? Rob

I'd stick with the 18-200, it's easy to crop in but a **** to crop out :)

I *think* I used my 24-70 for 80% of my shots this year (y)

I would have to agree, I took a Canon 100-400 and mainly used it around 100mm, ended up changing to the 24-105 after lunch, which was adequate 90% of the time. Therefore I would say the 18-200 seems like a good compromise, I think I may have only taken 1 or 2 shots at greater than 200mm.

Thx, Sarah, Rob, Brian & Paul for your feedback.

I think i'll play safe with my 18-200mm i've got quite comfortable with this lens so this will be a good thing.

One thing I was wondering is how useful my 50mm would be, as obviously this is my sharpest lens. Does anyone have examples taken at WHF at 50mm (doesn't have to be taken with a 50mm, just at that focal length).

Thx Paul

Owww ....come on peeps can't believe with all the WHF posts on TP no one has got a 50mm shot from their visit ....... please! pretty please!

Paul

Back