Beginner Help please (complete novice)

Name
Trevor Booker
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction, I want to purchase a bridge camera with all the following attributes, wifi, GPS, NRF and EVF. I been looking at both the Panasonic Lumix FZ200 and NIKON COOLPIX P600, but I don't seem to be able to search out a camera with the 4 functions mentioned above. Is there a website where I can go to and filter what I want on a camera which will then list what cameras are available with everything on?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Trev

Try this: http://www.dpreview.com/products/se...source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu#!
From a quick search there, it looks like the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 (ZS40 in the US) - the latter actually being a compact superzoom with an EVF - are your only two options with built-in GPS. That being said, most cameras with built-in WiFi let you use your phone's GPS instead. Don't know how long the battery lasts in that configuration, though.

NRF? What is that? Never heard of it... Perhaps you mean NFC (Near Field Communication)?

As above but for GPS you can get phone apps that log your route then when you put the images on your PC you log into the phone a/c and it adds the data for you. If you intend using a program like Lightroom you can also have that program do it for you.

I had a small Fuji compact that had built in GPS but it ate the battery so always turned it off and oddly on groups like Flickr the site could not use the gps data

Good luck

Back